magnifique | nineteen

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter nineteen
|drunken thoughts|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"ben, that's enough," his brother, gilbert blythe, said.

"blythe, you've drunk too much," bash said.

benjamin ignored what his brother and friend's says. he didn't care, he wanted to get drunk, until he puked all the alcohol he drinks.

"i don't care, i-i just wanted to be numb again," ben said as he drinks, again.

"ben, alcohol isn't a way to forget, you do know that," gilbert said.

his brother looked at him, "you don't even know what it is felt. so, don't sit there and say that alcohol isn't the way to forget things, because it is, even for a short time."

gilbert was very patient with his brother, he knew what his brother's going through right now. and ben was right too, he didn't encounter heartbreak yet.

"h-how dare s-she! w-we're just off a months ago and... and... now... h-how dare she sent a w-wedding invitation to me?! how did she even k-know w-w-where i-i am!" ben ranted.

ben was rather having a cheerful day until a letter comes to him, not a letter, a wedding invitation of victoria allen and a man, which he didn't even effort to know who it is. ben read the invitation and suddenly, his mind goes blank and he didn't know what to do and the next thing he knows, they were at a small bar, drinking some beverages.

bash stays silent as he listen very carefully to older boythe's rants. he didn't experience what a heart break is but, he's certain that ben is really hurting right now. his father just died and he caught his fiance cheating on him, that must be really painful.

"oh," ben said as he ran to the grasses as he puked all he drunk. gilbert and bash followed after him and rub his back in support.

"are you alright, now?" bash said.

"i suppose," ben simply said.

bash left some coins at the table in the bar, "come, come. let's go."

"