magnifique | forty eight

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter forty eight
|confessions|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"so, that's it? you're gonna leave without saying goodbye to millie? without saying you love her?" gilbert blythe asked as his brother was preparing his bags.

"she probably doesn't want to be with me. she made it clear a months ago that... she doesn't like me," ben answered. he still like millie, hell, it is love. ben didn't felt like this before, even to victoria allen.

"girls can be not easiest to read, but you must try. even if she didn't love you back, at least you said it to her for the last time, but i know that she loves you back," mary smiled.

mary has been staying with them as they gladly accepted the woman. she was kind, and a very lovely woman.

"well, if you don't want to confess to her, at least say goodbye to her," bash suggested as mary hugged him.

"i-i don't know," ben only answered, clearly having doubts.

"how would she feel if she know that you're gone without saying goodbye to her? or worse, she figured out that she loves you? everyone knew, that she was abused by the former family she been served. she didn't know what love is, ben! she has a right to be confused of what she's feeling. now, talk to her and tell her you love her for the last time," gilbert told to her brother.

ben seems to come into a realization as he stood up. his mind was already decided what to do and where to go.

"i gotta go told her that i love her."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"millie! millie! i just heard that today is the day that ben was going to college!" anne exclaimed as millie seems to alarm. her throat seems to dry.

she didn't hesitate to run. to chase him, her love. she didn't bother to turn around. all she knew, she needed to chase after him, to tell him that she loves him.

she was confused at first but anne informing her that ben was going away without knowing that she loves him back.

she didn't know where he is, but her feet take her to a familiar place. to the place where they both met. to the place where it all started.

"belle?" millie turned around, his voice was really familiar to her.

"ben," she muttered as she reached to ben and engulf her in a tight hug. tears were starting to roll down to her cheeks.

"belle---" ben was cut off by her.

"d-don't say anything, please. i know that you said you liked me a months ago and i-i, i'm so naive to ignore your feelings. i'm sorry, ben. i know you are leaving today and i'm so confused but when anne said that you're leaving today... all the memories we had shared comes into me. and all i knew... i was running. chasing... after you. all i wanna say is, i love you, ben. i'm in love with you and was too oblivious to notice but i'm not anymore and  i understand if you probably don't love me----"

millie was cut off when ben crashes his lips into hers. millie closed her eyes as she smiled into their kiss. it was spectacular. words cannot really express how millie felt.

"je t'aime, belle. always," ben muttered when they both pulled away and lean their forehead to each other.

"je t'aime, mon amour."

ben smiled widely as millie lean her head into his shoulders.

"wait... i wanna give you something," millie said as she took out a piece of an earring. it was the earring that the peddler gave to her.

 it was the earring that the peddler gave to her

"i want you to have it. i know it's not much than the bracelet you gave to me, but this is a reminder of me," millie added as be
n took it and stared at it in awe.

"i will take a good care of it, millie. it is a reminder of you, so i will cherish it. thank you, " ben said as he holds millie's hand, "so, wanna be my pen-pal?"