magnifique | thirty nine

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter thirty nine
|keep dreaming, blythe!|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"could i walk you home?" ben asked as soon as the school ended.

millie looked at anne and diana, who was looking at them with a teasing look.

"oh, uhm, i'm walking with anne and diana---" millie was cut off.

"we wouldn't mind! make sure to back her home safely!" anne exclaimed as she and diana ran off.

"oh, well, then. let's go?" millie asked as ben nodded.

their walk was awkward and silent as millie broke it.

"so... what was that? earlier, you know when uhm..."

"when the doctor thing?" ben said.

"yes! that... what about that?"

"uhm, gil, and i want to be a doctor. well, gil is very certain with it. and i, i'm not really sure," ben explained.

"it is alright. you can still explore another vocation. but we are supposed to be in college now," millie said.

"yeah, i supposed. why aren't you in a college? well, my reason is we just got back."

"well, i want to spend my time with my family and most especially, with anne. i reckon i'm going to college after a year or a two. i don't want to leave them, they're very kind to accept me as their family."

"well... you are certainly lovely and kind. it is no wonder why they accept you as their family," ben said causing millie to blush.

"hmm. you charmer. it is no wonder too why the girls swoon over you," millie teased.

"including you?" ben shot back.

millie let out a chuckle, "i am not! goodness!"

"you know that one day you'll fall for me, right?" ben cockily said.

millie shook her head, "keep dreaming, blythe."

"you know that will come true, belle!"

"you're lucky you don't have a middle name or i will call you that too."

"belle really suits you. belle means beautiful in french, right? and that flawlessly suits you, because you are a beauty."

"well, mister blythe. if you had a middle name it will be certainly beau," millie said.

"you think i'm handsome?" ben joked.

millie snorted, "eh... just take the compliment, blythe, or i will take it back."

"bien, bien." ben said as he raised his hands on surrender.

"c'est ce que je pensais," millie said as she let out laugh.

ben admired her laugh. in his eyes, she looks like an angel. he couldn't take his eyes off her.

millie stopped laughing as she noticed ben just stared at her. she began to self-conscious.

"i-is there something wrong? i'm sorry if i laughed..."

"no, no. it is beautiful. i think you should laugh more," ben said.

millie blushed, couldn't find words to say as she stared at the green gables in front of them.

"oh, it looks like our walk ends here," millie said.

ben nods but disappointed, he didn't want to end their walk yet.

"thank you... for walking me home," millie said as she kissed his cheeks, "au revoir!" she said as we wave to him.

when millie turned to green gables, ben walked to his house happily. he lightly dances, didn't care if people might see him.

he smiled widely as he touched the cheeks where millie kissed him.