magnifique | seventeen

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter seventeen
|what about romance?|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"i'm very passionate about this!" millie exclaimed to jane and ruby.

"me too, but my mom said that playing near the lake isn't good," ruby said.

"me either," jane added.

"what if something happens?! and what if one of us drowns?! what if all of us drowns?!" ruby cries.

"oh, c'mon girls, i assure you that no one will drown. and nothing chaotic will happened. and as for being the oldest, i will protect you all," millie reassured two of her friends.

millie smiled softly as ruby and jane did the same.

millie, jane, and ruby are running and giggling with their clinging to one another's. they followed diana and anne, who is running as well to the barry's pond. the lake of shining waters, according to anne. well, it's a certainly mesmerizing pond if millie says so herself.

"whomever plays elaine must lie in the flat and float to camelot while the others mourn her death most sorrowfully, i find it helpful to think something that makes you sad in your own life," anne explained.

"of course you must be elaine, anne," diana said.

"oh, it would be ridiculous to have a redheaded elaine. it ought to be ruby or millie, you two have a lovely, golden hair, and elaine had 'all her bright hair streaming down'," anne said as she and diana giggles.

"oh, i couldn't, to lie and pretend i was dead... i'd die of fright!" ruby said as they all look at millie.

"oh, no. i couldn't even close my eyes without falling asleep! maybe, you'd find me asleep by the end of the stream and it will be very hard to wake me up," millie exclaimed, "besides, this was your idea, anne."

"you're obsessed with elaine," jane said.

"oh, it's true. and each time i read the poem, i'm devoured by a secret regret that i was not born in camelot. those days were much more romantic than the present," anne said.

"alright, and the poem said that 'all her bright hair streaming down', right? well, you have a very lovely and bright red hair! you can be elaine and it certainly not ridiculous," millie reassured.

"you're right, millie! i will be elaine, then," anne said.

"yes! that's my sister!" millie said as they all stifled a laugh.