magnifique | ten

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter ten
|best friends?|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"why didn't you tell nate the truth?" diana barry, asked her red-head friend. millie just listening very attentively to them as they walked together on the way to school.

today was her first day, she was very nervous and her stomach is rumbling of nervousness. her sister, of course, told her all about the mean girl named josie pye and a bully named billy andrews, who always teased the red-head.

what if i didn't grow fond of them? what if they all last to hate me?, she thought to herself. she wants to make a good impression on them, at least, on the girls. she has no interest in boys and will attend school to learn and make girl friends.

"i thought seeing the gold in the soil would be obvious. he thinks i'm a child 'pipsqueak'."

"anne, you don't have to lie to him," millie said.

"you can't possibly expect to be his equal, anne. he's an adult and a scientist," diana said, trying to comfort anne but she knew that wasn't right to say at the moment, "uh, but that's just book learning, though. and you've already proven you're good at that. but you have something else. remember when minnie may was sick and you put onions on the soles of her feet to bring her fever down?"

"that was an old wives' tale."

"it takes imagination to believe in such a thing. your imagination is a gift, anne, something that can't be learned." diana reassured her and millie nodded in agreement.

"what good is an imagination if i can't see what's right in front of my eyes?!" anne cries as she looks in one of the branches, "this branch looks like a skeleton hand. an evil skeleton... that lives in the haunted forest... feeds on the lives of the innocent!"

"anne, that's horrible!" diana exclaimed.

"oh my, it is indeed!" millie agrees.

"why are they clutching at us now? do they mean to do us harm? ghosts on the wind bearing a warning: beware!" anne said as the girls look around.

"they're coming for us!" millie exclaimed.

"we must escape!" anne said as they all fitted into a loudly laughter and ran off.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"who is that boy? why is he alone?" millie asked as he stared at the boy who seems to sketch in his notebook. they already finish putting their milk to the stream as millie caught the sight of the boy.