magnifique | forty five

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter forty five
|i wish you were here|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

benjamin blythe sat next to his father's grave as he let out a sob. he failed to keep his loved ones to his side. bash left, millie rejects his feelings. he didn't know what to do anymore. he always confides on his father for advice, but now... he's gone too.

"i-i don't know what i'm doing here anymore, dad," he began.

"i wish you were here. i always confide in you. i missed you, dad. i don't know what i'm going to do anymore. before, you're here to tell me, advise me what to do. i-i wanted to be strong, for gilbert, for my brother. h-how i am supposed to do that? when, i can't be strong enough for myself. i lost her, dad. and now, we lost bash, he's a good friend and a brother, but now, he hates us now," ben muttered as tears rolling down on her face.

"mom... it's been a very long years since i last felt your loving care to us. it has been so long, mom. i wish you were here too. gil was very eager to learn all about you. i can't seem remember, i'm sorry, mom. i know leaving us was the last thing you wanted to do but... you did your thing, you sacrificed yourself to let gil live. and he grown very kind and caring, mom. the both of us. and i'm sure that you are proud of us. we are proud of you too, mom. we loves you very much," ben said as he let out a sigh.

"i just wanted to be away from here, from avonlea. the people... they cause me a heartbreak. this place caused me heartbreak, dad. i know you're watching me, us, up there dad and mom," ben said as he looked at the sky, "just so you know, dad, i love you very much. i know you're happy there, with mom. i love you two so much. i promised to be back here when i fixed the mess we made. and... i'll promise that i will introduce to the both of you the girl that i want to spend my entire life."

ben placed small flowers as he stood up and wiped his tears away and walked inside their house. they ought to find bash and apologize to him for their mistakes.

gilbert looked at his brother, "charlottetown."

ben widens his eyes, there was a possibility that bash goes in there. and then he seems to realize where bash clearly was.

"the bog."