magnifique | twenty two

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter twenty two
|matthew is furious?|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

millie and anne were studying in their room as they heard the knock, showing matthew.

"hi, matthew," millie greeted as she let out a smile but matthew didn't seem too happy at all. millie quickly noticed it, "oh, no, matthew, what's wrong?"

matthew didn't answer, so anne spoke up, "yes! rescued us from geometry, the most uninspired form of torture."

matthew raised his finger that made anne silent, and millie's eyebrow raised.

"i know... you've written to jeannie. i want to tell you, it's not right," matthew said as he shook his head.

millie's eyes widens, "w-what, anne? y-you've written? h-how..." millie said but out of words.

"i wasn't... i wasn't trying to go behind your back. i just... y-you can't... live a life without true love---" anne was cut off by matthew.

"it's not your affair to meddle in. jeannie is... folks have... real feelings. what you did... it's not right, " matthew said as he slowly walked out of room.

anne was nearly in tears, but millie was too preoccupied to notice.

"what did you do now, anne? he's kind... to the both of us. and, now, you've messed it up really bad. i already told you to not invade matthew's privacy. you gotta fixed it right now, anne. matthew is... you know what, anne? i'm afraid this time i'm not sticking up to you," millie calmy said but very sternly.

"i just wanted to him to have true--" anne was cut off by furious millie.

"true love? true love is not everything! it is not for everyone! and you're not helping, you just made everything worse! goodness, anne! you're fourteen, grow up! childhood is over!" millie yelled and walked out of the room, leaving the guilty anne alone and crying.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

millie was standing at the andrew's porch. she knocked on the door and was answered by missus andrews.

"good day, missus andrews, i'm, uh, mildred cuthbert," millie greeted.

"oh, um, mildred, good day to you, too. what's brings you here?" her greeting was kind of awkward, which millie fully understood. she was an orphan before, and the missus was not too fond of orphans.

"um, i'm just wondering if jane is here?" mildred politely asked.

"yes, of course. she's here."

"um, s-splendid, can i talk to her?" the blond headed girl requested.

missus andrews gracefully nodded before facing the maid behind her and commands to call jane in her room.

jane was walking downstairs slowly but soon as she saw mildred on the door, she quickly ran downstairs, which her mother gives her an odd look before leaving.

"hi, millie! what's brings you here?" jane cheerfully greeted as she hug her best friend and quickly pecked on her cheek. jane notices the sad eyes of millie's. "oh, no. w-what..."

"c-can we talk?"

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"...and then i said things i never meant... i feel like i'm a very horrendous sister," millie said after she told to jane what happened.

"no, you're not. you're not bad as prissy," jane joked, making millie smile as they both laugh.

"no, i mean it, you're not a bad sister just because you snapped at her. what she did was wrong, and... i suppose you have a right to scold her but... you said some terrible things you never meant. i'm sure she'll understand it, after all she's anne," jane advised.

"it's just... it's matthew, he's the best of us. he treated us like we are his own children. and i feel bad because anne hurts his feelings," millie said.

"i'm sure you'll work it out, millie. i always have a trust in you. you're like a sister instant best friend to me," jane said.

"thank you for listening and for understanding, jane. you're one of a kind of best friend," millie said.

"you can always talk to me, millie. forever and always, remember?"

"forever and always."

a/n

i adore millie and jane's friendship. although, jane did not have many scene in series, i know she is a good friend.

also, maybe it's been many chapters to come before our millie and ben will meet! i'm very excited to write that!

loves, rhee.