magnifique | twenty three

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter twenty three
|doctors?|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

trinidad, port of spain...

"so, gil, how long until anne gets your love letter?" benjamin blythe playfully asked his brother, gilbert.

lately, gilbert spends his free time making his letter to anne more presentable. so, ben and bash are teasing him about that.

"i already told you, it is not a love letter. and to answer your question, maybe a month," gilbert answered.

"it's awfully a long time until she gets your love confession," ben said.

"at least baby blythe had a time to move on, in case she rejects his love," bash said as he and ben shared a laugh.

their conversation was interrupted by a woman screaming, "help!"

they walked to the location where the screaming was occurring.

"ah! please!" a pregnant woman, who was on the ground pleaded to other woman.

"you, you don't come back here again!" the woman, who was standing, yelled as she pointed her finger to her.

"please!" the pregnant woman pleaded, once again. only to receive a door slam.

ben, bash, and gilbert quickly go to the pregnant woman's side as they support her from standing.

"what's wrong? what is it?" bash immediately asked.

"she's in labor!" ben said. the blythe brothers often read books about medicine, so they knew about that.

"miss, where's your family?" gilbert asked, receiving a shriek from the woman.

"i think she doesn't have one, no offence, miss," ben said.

"yeah, and her brothel mother just threw her out!" bash said as he knocked on the door loudly.

"there a doctor coming?" gilbert asked.

ben shook his head, "i don't think so."

"hey!" bash shouted as he continued to loudly knock on the door, "open this door! you can't do this!"

"miss?" ben asked as the woman ignore them and walked on her own.

ben and gilbert followed the woman, and found her in a shack, hurting and about to labor.

"miss? miss. i know you must be scared. what's your name?" ben asked.

"ru... ruth," the woman answered between her tears.