magnifique | thirty two

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter thirty two
|carmody|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"anne... you don't have to do that," millie protest at her sister who was dressed up as a boy.

"i need to do it, millie. we'll just receive odd looks and glares when they see me in girl's wear in a short haircut," anne said.

"i'm not afraid of receiving odd looks. i'm not embarrassed, anne."

"i know you don't but... i'm embarrassed at myself. besides, it is a little too late to say that because i'm already wearing a boy's wear," anne answered as millie just let out a sigh.

they were now in carmody as jerry tied the strap of the horse in a wood. jerry gave an odd look at the cuthbert sisters, especially to anne.

"stop staring. since everyone already thinks i'm a boy, i thought it best to actually be one today," anne said as she put a coat on herself.

the french boy just nodded as millie turned to anne and gave her a soft smile.

"don't worry, anne. and i'll buy the things on this list by myself. you whatever you please to do here," millie said to her sister.

anne let out a squeal as she hugged her sister, "oh, my dearest sister, you are truly an angel! i'd love to spend my time here in beloved carmody until we get back to green gables."

millie just replied to her sister by laughing softly as she waves at her, saying goodbye before going to a store.

after she finished buying the things on the list, she ought to find her sister. while she's looking for her sister, a certain man bumps on her way, making the contains the things scattered.

"i'm sorry, mademoiselle," the man apologizes without looking at millie as he helped her to gather her things that were scattered on the ground.

"it is alright. i supposed it is my fault, i wasn't looking on my way and----" millie stops as she and the man looked at each other.

the benjamin blythe!, she thought.

ben gave millie a cocky smile as he handed her things, "miss mildred belle turner-cuthbert, what a pleasant surprise to see you here."