magnifique | eight

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter eight
|gold in avonlea|
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑chapter eight|gold in avonlea|┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"did anne teach that to you yesterday?" millie asked jerry as he carved the letters in the wood.

"yes, he even brought a visual," the boy as he continued to carve.

"oh alright, then. i'm sorry for not bringing any slate or paper or ink or whatever. i don't have any of that and i'm afraid to ask for that until the school starts," millie told the boy.

"no, it's no big of a deal. besides, i can use my carving skills in this," jerry assured as he turned around to turn at millie and gave her a smile.

"well then, it's a relief. i'll see that you already memorize all the alphabets."

"not all of them," the boy answered.

millie was gonna answered him when they heard a noise and turned around, it was nate.

"hey," he greeted.

"allô," the farm boy answered in his french accent and millie just nodded at nate.

"are you trying to better yourself, huh? huh?" nate said as he reached beside jerry and started to mess the poor boy's hair. "ooh. close but no cigar." he said as he gestured to the letter 'q' that's hasn't been finished yet. "gimmie that," nate said as he stole the knife from the boy's hand.

"s-stop--" millie was gonna say something but cut off by nate.

"shut up, orphan girl," nate said as millie glared at him. then, he turned again to jerry "you wanna get somewhere in life, you gotta pay attention to the details. see this 'q'? it's supposed to have a tail. you missed it, pal," he said as he carves a tail to an 'o' to form a letter 'q'.

"i wasn't finished," jerry defend himself.

"a tail like a little french..." he said as he turned around to face jerry, "pig."

millie was gonna defend jerry when a book slam in their side. they turned to whoever slams the book and they saw anne.

"aren't you bored of this yet?" anne seems to freeze in her position as she's having a flashback.

nate clears his throat, "you're bored of this, right?" the man said as he took the book.

anne stole the book in nate's hand, "nope! i'm not finished yet. and i like geology, it's not boring at all!"

"good," nate said as he turns to both millie and jerry, who seems have a terrified expression on their faces, he handed the knife to jerry. "good, see you, kids, later."