magnifique | four

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter four
|jerry's tutor|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"what are you doing?!" anne yelled at jerry as the boy stops from working, millie, who was with anne was startled at jerry, who came out of nowhere.

"working. what are you doing?" jerry shot back.

"what does it look like i'm doing?"

"something boring that doesn't work."

millie starting to get irritated by the bickering. "you are both boring!"

"hey!" anne exclaimed, "nate gave me this book."

"something's wrong with that guy, " jerry blurted out. millie suddenly turns to face him.

"yeah, i thought i'm the only one who thinks that," millie told him.

"what? why do you both say that?" anne questioned and millie just shrugged and lay on the haystack. she didn't know why she didn't trust the borders. "i don't know, guts, i guess."

"i dunno... i just, " jerry trails off, not finding the exact words.

"well, this book is extremely interesting. and nate happens to understand that reading is a necessity. reading is in my life's blood. i mean, look! look at this sentence, isn't it glorious?" anne beams as she gestured to me and jerry the book. millie just smiled and nodded even she didn't read the sentence that anne was talking about.

"sometimes, you're not very nice," jerry retorted as he walks to the other side of the barn.

"what do you mean? why are you? jerry!" anne called out as both girls follow jerry.

"jerry? what's wrong?" the blonde asked, wondering what has gotten to the boy.

"no school for me, remember?" jerry muttered bitterly.

"i don't go to school either," millie informed the farm boy.

"at least you know how to read," jerry replied.

"we could teach you to read," millie implied.

"yes! what a splendid idea, millie!" anne agreed.

"don't bother," jerry turned down their offer of tutoring him.

"why? reading is very important, besides, we insisted to teach you," millie told the boy. she wants the boy to learn to read, just like a normal child. the poor boy has to start working early in his age and didn't even go to school.

"words are made up of letters from something called the alphabet. there are twenty-six letters in it - the alphabet - and it has infinite combinations to make up every word that there is!" anne explicate as she bent down to write the boy's name in the ground.

"maybe let's start with your name. um, so, this is the letter 'j'. this is 'e'..." millie begins to explain as anne write down the letters in the ground while jerry is attentively watching and listening to the both of girls. even if he doesn't tell, he was rather glad to have friends like anne and millie.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"when i was a little lad, my mother often told me," mister dunlop began to sing as millie, anne, matthew, marilla, and jerry all help him to scoop the hays in the field.

later on, they all persuaded by mister dunlop's singing, and they all pitch in, "way haul away, we'll haul away joe."

"that if i did not kiss the girls, my lips would grow all moldy."

"way haul away, we'll haul away joe."

they continued to scoop the hay out of the field and put it in a wheel barrel. millie felt contented as she thought about it, it is the family she wants, just simple and happy. even though she's just arrived a few days ago, she feels like they are her family and they feel the same way to her.

dinner arrived and they are all sitting and eating peacefully. anne broke the silence and request something.

"marilla, matthew, can we go to the beach tomorrow? it will be very splendid if we can tour millie and have a lovely day tomorrow! it's very astounding to watch the birds as they fly to the blue sky! oh, matthew, marilla, isn't that a marvelous idea? please, please, please!" anne pleaded.

millie just froze in her seat as she is embarrassed to say anything, she is afraid that if she says anything that will cause marilla to be furious, she will be taken away. although, she even thinks that anne's idea for tomorrow is adventurous and amazing.

the cuthbert siblings look at each other before looking at anne and millie. "i think going to the beach tomorrow isn't a bad idea," matthew said and anne widely grin. millie saw that and is very glad that matthew is very kind man and always sticks up to the redheaded girl.

"it isn't indeed, after dinner, off to bed so we can go early tomorrow," anne eyes widened at marilla's statement, they thought marilla would be furious at the idea of being on the beach tomorrow, but it turns out she like the idea.

"oh, thank you marilla and matthew, you two are wonderful as ever! we'll promise to go to bed early so we can get ready the beach as we wake up!" anne squealed and looked at millie who was smiling too.

the blonde headed girl was rather excited for their adventure tomorrow, she cannot wait to find out what will happen to their journey tomorrow.