magnifique | thirty six

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter thirty six
|the sketch|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"our father's dead, sir," ben loudly said as millie heard it and look at him with a concerned look.

"yes. well... the metaphor still plays," mister phillips said and he gestured to the blythe brothers to sit down in their seats.

millie saw ben was gonna say something but gilbert whispered something to him to calm him down.

millie follows the two in her eyes as the blythe brothers furiously sat down and opens their books.

suddenly, diana comes in hurrying, "where were you? we waited," anne told to her as millie still looking to ben.

"father has a cold. we're not going to aunt josephine's party," diana told to millie and anne as soon she sat down to her seat. millie finally turned to her friends.

"marilla didn't allow us. it is kind of disappointing 'cause i'm really looking forward to meeting your aunt josephine," millie sadly said.

"what? but..." anne tried to protest but mister phillips interrupt her.

"alright, bright little minds, open your readers. let's pick up from where we last left off," mister phillips announced as the class started.

millie sent a sympathetic look to cole, who's examining his broken wrist before she turned to her reader.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"isn't it the point of life to seek what excites you? i mean, what happens? does one smile to death?" anne ranted.

she, diana, millie, and cole are on the clubhouse. diana and anne are having a conversation while millie silently watched cole tried to sketch with his wounded hand.

"my parents and i have never even been invited before! but god forbid father had gone out with the world's tiniest sniffle!" diana exclaimed.

"it's absurd that ladies aren't allowed to travel without a male companion!"

"agreed. and did i mention, aunt josephine is having a world-renowned pianist perform?"

"what?!"

"yes! a world..."

diana and anne didn't continue their conversation as cole stood up. millie, who was now listening to diana and anne, lost focus on cole.