magnifique | two

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter two
|meeting a long lost friend|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"millie? how sumptuous to see you again! it has been ages since i last saw you! oh, how i've missed you, my kindred spirit!" anne shirley immediately engulf her dearest friend millie into a very bone-crushing hug.

"i missed you too, dearest anne." millie replied to her best friend anne. she was very glad to see her friend doing very well.

"marilla! marilla! my beloved friend is finally here!" anne exclaimed as an older woman come out of the house.

"good heavens! what happened? who is this young lady? matthew? anne, who is she?" she exclaimed, millie didn't know what to do.

"i-i'm mildred turner, ma'am, s-sorry to intrude. i'm just here to find my dear friend anne here and um, mister matthew and jerry help me to get here." millie nervously said. she was rather terrified that the woman didn't accept her in their lovely home.

the woman gives millie a small smile as she speaks, "you must be tired and hungry, i'm already cooking a stew and you're welcome to join with us. my name is marilla cuthbert."

millie smiled back and gladly accepted marilla's invitation. anne give her a house tour and guided her to their room since there are borders who currently living in green gables.

"so, we have to share a room, nate and mister dunlop, the borders are in the other room. nate and mister dunlop they are astounding, i'm sure you will be so delighted to be acquainted with them. they are scientists, and i really want to be part of their adventures." anne rambled as she spun around the room.

millie was sitting in their bed while watching anne with the exhilarated expression written on her face. "oh, anne, you still use big words, i'm very glad to be with you, again."

"i have many stories to tell you, i don't think i wanna be away with you again, millie, you are like a sister and my kindred spirit. well, i have a bosom friend here, her name is diana barry, but you still are my kindred spirit. well, diana, she's very lovely and i'm sure she's very thrilled to meet you. we have a story club, diana, ruby gillis, and i have to finish and present our made out stories every friday, and oh, ruby gillis, she's lovely too, but she always talks about gilbert blythe--" she breathes for a moment as millie chuckled as her chattiness.

"so, this gilbert blythe, everyone thinks he's dreamy, and ruby has a 'dibs' on him and he has a brother named benjamin and he's the one i think is dreamy not gilbert, and one time we had a spelling bee and i beat gilbert blythe who happens to be the 'best student' in the class but he and his brother isn't here because they are working on docks. and then there are other girls too, jane andrews, tillie boulter, and josie pye, that josie pye is a bit, um, mean if i say so myself, and-- and she even gossips that we are poor to the girls, and-- oh! there are billy andrews, if you see him the next day, don't even speak to him, he's a jerk and bullies every people he saw. and prissy andrews, she has an intimate relationship with a teacher." anne finished her 'speech' as she let out a sigh.

millie stared at her, still absorbing the information anne rambled. "millie? earth on millie?"

"huh?" is all she replied, she didn't know what gotten into her. "you alright, millie?"

"i-i don't think i can stay here." millie blurted out and anne stared at her with a shocked expression.

"you are welcome here, millie. i'm sure marilla and matthew are happy to have you here." the redhead girl explained to millie.

"i don't want to be a burden to you all. i-i'm just glad to stay here tonight, that's all."

anne was gonna say something when marilla called them, dinner is ready.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

the dinner was quiet. anne keeps glancing at millie as if she's asking the girl's permission to speak.

millie finally meets the borders and she has doubts about them. nate, a rather good-looking man, a ladies man if she says so herself and mister dunlop, a nice and kind of enthusiastic to her. at first glance, she already thinks something's wrong to them.

"marilla, matthew, i wonder if millie is welcome to stay here and live with us. i believe she has nowhere to go now and i'm gladly volunteered to share my room with her," anne states to both marilla and matthew who are peacefully eating their dinner.

matthew gave a small smile before looking to marilla. "i believe mildred are welcome to live with us if she wants." marilla finally spoke.

anne wide grin and let out a quiet squeal before looking to millie for an answer, "what do you think, millie?"

"i would love that, mister and miss cuthbert, but i don't wanna be a burden to you all. i promise i will find a job and help you with everything here. thank you very much." millie answered contentedly.

"nonsense, child, you don't need to find a job. you're welcome to join anne in her school by the school starts." marilla said as the girl nodded and gives the cuthbert a quiet 'thank you'.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"i think i don't want to sleep tonight, what if this is just a dream? oh, millie, please tell me this is true. i think this is too good to be true!" anne squeals.

millie pinch the redhead's arms causing to the girl let out a quiet 'ouch'. "i pinched you. this is real, isn't it?"

"yes, yes. i think this is very true. goodnight, millie, i hope you'll have very pleasant dreams."

"goodnight, anne."