magnifique | twenty eight

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter twenty eight
|very good friends|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

millie and cole were sitting on the coats. millie was silently watching him draw something to his sketchbook.

"you know, cole, you have a very exquisite talent. i can't even draw a simple line if i say so myself," millie quietly said to him, afraid to disturb him from sketching.

cole looked at her and smile, "well, you're very intelligent. you're good at spelling, english, arithmetic, you have good handwriting and you can speak two languages, french and english," cole said to him.

millie suddenly noticed that the girls are staring at them. she quickly whispered to cole, "do you notice this too?"

cole whispered at her back, "yes. but just ignore them."

"i think millie and cole are together now, he's very handsome isn't he?" millie heard ruby muttered.

"i don't think so. millie didn't say anything to me," anne said.

"me neither," jane added.

"but... cole looks like sad," tillie said.

"sad and handsome," diana muttered.

"maybe millie doesn't treat him right. the poor thing could use some cheering up," josie said as she stood up and walked into millie and cole's way and sat up beside cole.

"hello, cole, " josie greeted, completely ignoring millie's presence.

both millie and cole shared a knowing look and didn't say anything.

josie continued to speak, "i just wanted to say i think it's too bad our game ended before you could have your turn."

cole didn't say anything and millie stared at the girl with confuse look.

"if you and millie aren't together, then, i suppose i could break the rules and allow you to kiss me now," josie said.

cole looked at her before saying, "no thanks."

"so you and millie are together?" josie asked him.

"no. and it is not right to gossip about us," cole said.

millie stayed silent but smirked at cole's statement. she was very proud of her friend.

"what's wrong with you?! don't you like girls or something?" josie frustratedly questioned him.

"i don't like you," cole said as he emphasized the word 'you'.

millie laughed at her as she said, "now, can you please leave us?"

josie pye let out a scoff before standing up and walking to the girl's side and exclaimed, "cole is a freak!"

they watched as anne quickly defended cole, "josie pye, you take that back! cole is my friend!"

"then it's a match made in heaven!" josie exclaimed as she sat down.

millie and cole looked at anne and give her a thankful smile as anne did the same to them.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"i'm sorry for what my brother did to your sister," jane apologized as she hold millie's hand.

they were walking home together, or at least, a part way home. they play spin the bottle again. she honestly felt bad for anne, her sister, no one in the boys wants to kiss her.

well, except for one, that is cole. josie pye and the others even mock anne and cole to kiss because they're both freaks, which the girls, ruby, jane, diana, tillie, and of course, millie disagree with.

"it is fine, jane. besides, you shouldn't be apologizing. it's not your fault that your brother was born very arrogant and rude," millie reassured her best friend.

"maybe it is because of the medicines," jane joked as they both shared a laugh.