magnifique | fourteen

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter fourteen
|the boarders|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"oh, millie, i'm very sorry that you didn't have a chance to come to us," diana barry said. her family is going to charlottetown and insisted to anne to be for their accompany.

"yes! i'm sure it'll be very adventurous with you around, my dear sister," anne said.

"it's quite alright, really. goodbye, anne, diana, and barrys have a safe trip!" millie said as raised her hands to wave goodbye.

the truth is, she doesn't want to come, she wants to go to charlottetown though, but not with missus and mister barry with her. she felt like they judging her silently. so, she politely declined the offer and insisted of staying home in the excuse of marilla and matthew needing an assistance. anne as an adventurous one, never turned down an offer, insisted to come to bond with her bosom friend, diana.

"good day, marilla, matthew, and mildred. we'll take good care of dear anne," missus barry reassured to the cuthberts.

"thank you. safe travels."

"bye, matthew! bye, marilla! bye, millie!" anne exclaimed.

"bye, anne!" millie said.

"goodbye."

"bye now. safe travels."

"why did you turned down the barry's offer?" matthew asked the girl.

the girl just shrugged, "well, in case marilla or you needs me, i'm here. besides, the carriage isn't enough for more people there."

matthew just nodded as they all watch the carriage disappear in their sights.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

millie and jerry were shocked to find nate in the barn. they didn't forget their last encounter which brings fear over their spines.

"hey, kid," he turned to jerry. "you still learning how to spell?" he said as he drinks something on his metal bottle.

"so, y-e-s, or n-o," he spelled out.

"oui," jerry simply said as millie didn't say anything, just froze in her position.

"hmm." nate hummed in response as he nods his head and drank, once again. both of them still watching him drink they don't know what. "what, never seen booze before?"