magnifique | forty two

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter forty two
|i like you|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"and mother was talking to missus pye and she said the pmsc felt that miss stacy is probably unsuitable," diana barry informed to the cuthbert sisters, anne and millie.

they were walking through the schoolhouse. there was some gossip that the new teacher, miss stacy was unsuitable. not that millie mind, she just wants a new teacher after that terrible mister phillips.

"but she rides a motorbike!" anne exclaimed, "miss stack seems modern and thrilling!" added anne.

"she seems so! we saw her yesterday and i feel like she's going to be our best teacher," millie said as she, anne, and diana come inside of the schoolhouse.

"i heard she's a spinster," tillie said.

"i heard she's from the mainland," ruby joined in.

"why would an unmarried woman from the big city come here?" josie asked, "there's a scandal somewhere, you'll see."

millie narrowed her eyes to the rude girl, "the scandal here is your attitude, josie pye."

josie ignores millie's statement as she continued to talk, "mother hated miss stacy on sight."

"so did mine," prissy added, "here's a recipe for disaster: show up an hour late..."

"dressed like a man..." jane piped in.

"to tea with the progressive mothers," prissy finished, "she may as well hung a noose around her neck."

"guys, guys, give miss stacy a chance. first impressions can be nasty sometimes. it's not right to judge a book by its cover, right?" millie commented.

"i think she sounds spectacular," anne said, "i'm going to help pave the way for miss stacy. i know just how it is to be new and judged harshly."

"oh, anne, that's very kind of you," millie told her sister.

they conversation is interrupted by billy andrews saying, "that fox is gonna be dead meat."

anne turned to face billy andrews, "fox? what fox?" the redhead asked billy andrews loudly.

"the one with the dark tail that's been stealing chickens," moody kindly answered to anne.

"well, there's no fox here, so how's about you put the gun away. i'd like to live to meet the new teacher," gilbert said as the door opens, revealing the new teacher, miss stacy.