magnifique | forty three

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter forty three
|after all, you're my sister|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"i could use some help with the fence this morning before you both go," sebastian spoke up as gilbert walked into the room. ben just quietly stuff his book into his bag.

the events yesterday cause such an impact in ben's mind. he was rather hurt that millie rejects his feelings. he doesn't understand what's bothering her to accept his feelings for her.

"miss stacy's expecting us early," ben just answered.

"i can't believe i could actually be in college next year and ben next few months," gilbert just blurted out.

"wait. what do you mean, next year and a few months?" bash asked, clearly confused.

"well, i told you last night, we're accelerating my studies," gilbert explained, he's running around the kitchen, trying to find things.

"yeah, but leaving early, that was never the plan," bash said as he stood up, following the gilbert to the other side of the room.

ben just stared at them, he stayed silent. he didn't even effort to say a few words. he couldn't care less.

"we have a chance, finally, to get something that we want. why wouldn't we take it?" gilbert said.

"i came here so we could work this land together for two years until it comes back to life and i've learned farming and then you'll both go, " bash furiously stated.

ben couldn't hold back and blurted out, "plan's changed. this is our future.  besides, i want to leave in this town!"

bash turned to ben, "you don't even consult me? i thought we were in this together."

"we are," ben just simply said, obviously in his voice that he's not caring enough.

"i don't know what i'm doing. this is a farm, not a ship!" bash snapped.

"you have time to get up to speed," ben stated calmly.

"while i'm alone and you two at school every minute?!"

"we can get you help," gilbert said.

"nobody wants to know me, let alone work for me! how do i do all this by myself?!" bash yelled at them.