magnifique | thirteen

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter thirteen
|ghost and gold|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"anne, i told you already, there are no such things as a ghost!" millie cries as they are walking in an unsettling side of the forest.

anne keep repeating the words: 'there's no such thing as ghosts.', which made millie annoy to anne. they can hear birds chirp and howling in a distance to them.

"there's no such thing as ghost," anne repeated, her voice becomes shaky as she looked around, her other arm was clinging to millie as her other arm was on her new bought slate and her basket.

"a-anne, i-i'm sure it is n-nothing," millie said in a shaky voice. she was rather terrified to the forest's creepy atmosphere. the birds are squawking as their breath becomes heavy.

when a branch hits their back, they both let out a shriek as they ran towards their clubhouse.

"we just survived the most harrowing experience. i believe a terrifying evil curse has befallen avonlea. it pervades every alcove and crevice, every tree and flower. all the spirits are stirring. i'm nearly certain i saw a ghostly white lady by the brook," anne said as millie just sat down, catching her breath.

"what does she want?" ruby, who seems terrified, asked.

"us!" anne said as ruby gasped, "oh, you couldn't just die of fright?"

ruby's become teary as she nodded.

"it's not real, ruby." diana comforted her friend, ruby. "right, anne, millie?" she asked, her voice become suddenly unsure.

anne started to smile, "thank you, ruby. i take your tears as the highest compliment. i call my story 'the haunted dell: a most shuddersome tale'."

diana and ruby start to pack their things as they stood up. "what is wrong?" millie asked.

"nothing, millie. you know how i admire your imagination, anne, but i just remembered i'm due to home." diana excused.

"i better get home, too. it's getting dark," ruby added as she walked out of the clubhouse.

"but you haven't heard the ending yet. i haven't thought of it, but it promises to be very sinister."

"uh, tomorrow maybe, on the way to school. a little further away from twilight. bye. be careful home!" diana quickly said as she exited to the clubhouse.

anne looked at millie who was sitting in a log. millie quickly stood up, "um, anne? i'm going to head home, too. maybe, um, marilla needs assistance. see you later!" she rather said as like diana, quickly.