magnifique | thirty one

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter thirty one
|queen belle|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"most of those scraps aren't even fit for patching britches. what in heaven's name are you planning to do with them?" marilla asks as she examines the basket contains of clothes that millie, anne, and cole are folding.

"art," cole simply answered.

"art?" marilla questioned as millie looked at the woman and smiled.

"cole is painting us a lovely and wonderful forest for the christmas pantomime," millie said.

 "and all this fabric will lend it a most scrumptious texture," anne added and marilla just hummed in response.

"i've never been watch a pantomime before," millie blurted out.

"it's very exquisite, millie, i'm certain that you will enjoy it!"  anne said as cole nods at them in agreement.

they continue to fold the clothes as someone knocked on the door. the cuthbert sisters opened the door while giggling. diana quickly and rather cheerfully walked inside with clothes on her arms.

"mother gave me dresses to try!" diana exclaimed causing millie and anne both squeals in happiness, "you'll never guess what else mother let me borrow!" diana exclaimed again as they all walked upstairs.

"uh..." millie tried to think, but nothing comes out of her mind.

"you'll never ever guess!" diana cries.

"could i guess?" cole asked.

"neither of you will never guess!" 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"hurry, diana! i can't wait to see it!" anne exclaimed as she and millie held up a blanket to cover diana, who's changing into her costume while cole is sitting on the bed touching examining the fabric.

"alright," diana said, making the cuthbert sisters drop the blanket as diana walked out in a long puff sleeve white and blue dress with a tiara resting on her hair.

"wow, diana!" millie muttered.

"a tiara? oh, diana, you look like a real fairy queen! see?" anne exclaimed as she dragged diana to the mirror.

"would you two like to try it on?" diana asked as the barry girl pulled the tiara off her head and attempt to put it on anne's head but the redhead stopped her.