magnifique | twenty one

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter twenty one
|kindred spirit|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

millie decided to walk home jane andrews today instead of walking with anne and diana.

she feels like it's been so long since they talk to each other, jane has been busy hanging up with the other girls, and millie was busy with diana and anne to hang out with jane.

"so, uh, how's your day?" millie tried to make a topic as they walking home together silently.

"fine," jane just muttered.

and again, back to an uncomfortable silence. millie stopped in her tracks as jane did the same, they faced each other as they both engulf each other with a tight hug.

"i just missed my best friend... is all," jane muttered between their hug.

"i missed you too," millie replied as they pulled away. as soon as they pulled away, they burst in laughter. it was very unladylike for jane, but she didn't care, as long as she's with millie, ladylike or not, it will be better.

"i'm sorry, jane, i'm really is. i've been catching up more lately to diana and anne, but, now, i promised you that i will spend most of my time with you, my best friend," millie said as she side hugged jane.

"i'm sorry too. i've been really busy with the other girls, too," jane said as they continued to walk home.

"hey, um, i got you something, i'll give it to you now since we part ways here, um, here, i hope you like it," millie said as she put the bracelet on jane's hand.

"i know it's not much but---" millie was interrupted when jane hugs her.

"i like it. it's very colorful, millie. thank you so much for this," jane said as she smiled widely.

"just so you know, i have one too," millie said as she put up her right wrist.

they looked at each other and exclaimed, "match!"

"well, i know it is anne's sayings but... kindred spirits, always and forever?" millie said as she put up her pinky finger.

"kindred spirits, always and forever."