magnifique | eleven

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter six
|adventures to trinidad|
|part two|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"why are you walking me through all this delectable temptation?" gilbert blythe questioned as he, bash, and ben are walking. ben seems to be hungry too, but he decides to hide it. the people cooking foods that they never seen before was really tempting, and the smell. it will make sure that the stomach will rumble.

"just hold your horse, farm boy."

"oh, how about this? just a taste?" gilbert said as he looks down through the food that the woman was mixing. it seems delicious, ben thought.

"nah. don't eat that," bash said.

"bash, i'm starving, and that looks really good," gilbert complained as the woman who was cooking stared at them and smile. ben smiled back to the woman.

"of course. trinidadians can cook. especially the dregs nobody else wants. but you have to taste what we does do with real food."

 "how about i go back so i have something to compare it to?" gilbert said.

"patience, boy. don't cry. hold this for now," bash said as he handed a fruit to ben and gilbert. "it's a mango. prepare for an experience."

ben and gilbert hold the fruit as they took a bite to it. "hmm... mmm! mmm!"

"hmm. it's delicious, bash." ben complimented, "it is called mango, right?" he added.

"yes. it nice, eh? don't swallow the skin. spit it out," bash informed as he saw the two boys took a bite of a mango without peeling the skin of it.

"if it's not gonna kill me, why would i waste it?"

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"you traded this for a boiler room?" gilbert asked as he points out to an enormous house. the house was very elegant and you can clearly see that the owners of the house were very rich. they walking to the way to an estate. they currently on a garden that looks like an entrance.

"to trade, you have to have a choice," bash said as they heard a chuffing, not a far away. bash immediately look around as he pushed both blythe to some bush to hideaway. they discreetly watch the men in the horses pass. they waited for the man to disappear to their sights as they continue their way.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

bash, gilbert, and ben watched the colored woman as she took the hanging cloth. "hi mom," bash greeted.

"sebastian?!" bash's mother exclaimed, "boy, you trying to kill me? does anybody see you? come, come, come, come, come," his mother said as she gestured to reach and hugged her. bash obey and hugged her mom, "oh! mm."

bash's mom noticed the two blythe, who was looking at them, "who are these boys you bring here looking like wet fowls?" missus lacroix turned to them, "what names they christen you two?"

"uh, benjamin blythe, ma'am," ben introduce himself. "gilbert blythe, ma'am." 

both blythe introduce themselves as they walked towards bash sides. missus lacroix chuckled, "well, i never. you two must be the first to ever call me 'ma'am'.  where you two from?"

"prince edward island..." ben said, "canada," gilbert added.

"they don't feed you two on that boat, ben, and gilbert blythe?" missus lacroix said as she examined the two boys.

"sebastian has promised us the best in trinidadian bush medicine?" gilbert said as ben nodded in agreement.

"i see," missus lacroix said and patted bash's shoulder as she walks inside the house. 

"sebastian is so much more elegant than bash," ben joked at his friend.

"hush your mouth," bash said as the both blythe let out a chuckled.

missus lacroix come out with a three bowl in her hands, "i just made it," she said as ben reached out to help her. "thank you. my mind told me i might soon get to see my one son." missus lacroix said as she held bash's cheeks.

gilbert and ben sat down as a little boy comes out running, "hazel!"

missus lacroix let out of bash's cheeks and carry the little boy in her arms, "oh."

the little boy turned to bash, "is he stealing?" he asked as he pointed his index finger to bash.

"no, doux-doux. remember jesus say we have to help people. the men just hungry," missus lacroix said to the boy. the blythe brothers looked at bash who has a hurt expression on his face.

"okay, you have your food."

"uh... we could come back tomorrow," bash said.

missus lacroix shook her head. "nah, that is enough charity. if you come here again, you're looking for trouble," she sternly said to bash. "come, doux-doux," she said as she walked inside the house.

both blythe stood up as bash carry his bowl and leave as they follow.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"and, uh... what's this?" the younger blythe asked as he took the plant out of the bowl.

"a stick of thyme. seasoning. the 'bush'."

"uh, this? what is this?" ben asked as he took the yellow food.

"a cornmeal dumpling," bash simply said as ben eat the food.

"hmm. amazing," ben said as he tasted the cornmeal dumpling.

"you know, if this is medicine... i wish i was sick every single day," gilbert said and let out a small chuckle as they both devour the food.

"glad to see you two enjoying the fruits of slave labor," bash sadly said.

"i thought slavery ended here over fifty years ago," gilbert said.

"my family never left that plantation," bash said as he looked at the two brothers, "not granny... not mom. she raised them children. i hardly know her." bash explained as both boys stop eating and seem to think something.

"i-i'm sorry, bash," ben said.

"don't be."