magnifique | seven

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
chapter seven
|mildred belle turner-cuthbert|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"millie! what a splendid morning, isn't it? i'm certainly positive that today will be a great day! oh, millie, come with me! we have a very special surprise for you! i'm very excited! i can't wait to show to you!" anne shirley exclaimed as she dragged millie along in her way to the parlor.

when they arrived, marilla and matthew were waiting for them, with a very big smile plastered on their faces, "good morning, millie."

"good morning matthew and marilla, what is that?" millie asked as she gestured the opened book that stands in a small table.

"that is the family's bible. we want you to be a cuthbert, a part of a family, of course. if you sign your name to the bible, you are a cuthbert now! gosh, i'm really excited, millie!" anne exclaimed. she was happy for her friend to finally have a true family to lend on, and she was a part of them.

"here," marilla handed millie a pen.

millie's eyes widened and suddenly, her eyes become teary. "is this real? i-i'm not dreaming, right? you want me to be a cuthbert?"

anne pinch millie's arm slightly, "this is real, millie! of course, we want you to be a cuthbert!"

matthew and marilla nodded along the way to anne, "we do want our family name to be yours too, mildred."

millie wrote her name to the cuthbert's family bible as she cries of happiness. as soon as she was done writing, anne, marilla, and matthew hug her tightly, "oh, millie, you are finally a cuthbert."

"i-i... i don't know what to say... thank you... for everything, really. i... i finally have a real family. o-oh, thank you so much! thank you! thank you! thank you!" millie exclaimed as she hugged her family back.

"we love you, sister."

"i love you all, too."

as they finally pulled away they all fitted into a genuine laugh. marilla even served a raspberry cordial for a small celebration for millie being a cuthbert. the raspberry cordial tasted great. anne even tells that she misinterprets the wine to a raspberry cordial. they talked and laughed in the dining table, of course, as a family.

mildred belle turner-cuthbert. i definitely like the sound of that, millie thought as a smile plastered on her face.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"diana! ruby! i'd very like you to meet my sister, millie! oh, she very lovely!" anne squeals as she introduces her sister, millie, to diana barry and ruby gillis. they are currently in their story club, which is very amazing in millie's imagination.

"h-hello, i'm m-mildred turner-cuthbert, please just call me millie. it's very great to meet you both." millie introduces to herself as diana and ruby smiled at her.

"i'm ruby gillis! oh, you're beautiful. gilbert's never marrying me with you around," ruby cries as she shook the girl's hand.

"oh, hush now, ruby. i'm diana barry, it is a pleasure to meet you, millie," the raven-haired girl introduce as she smiled genuinely at the girl. millie noticed that the girl was very pretty, she notices too that the girl comes from a rich family by the way she dresses.

millie smiled back at the two girls who she finally meets. they were lovely in her eyes and she couldn't wait to spend her day with them. she couldn't wait to spend it with her newfound friends.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"so just write another bert story," diana told to ruby as they sat together in the clubhouse. being anne shirley cuthbert's sister, she was a part of the story club now.

"another bert story?" ruby questioned in disbelief.

"you always write a version of the same thing," diana retorted.

"no, i don't!" ruby disagrees.

"about a dashing hero named albert, herbert, rupert, pilpert..."

"pilpert?! that's ridiculous. i would never write a story about a boy named pilpert."

"it's not like we can tell..."

"well..."

"all of your stories..."

"you always murder everyone, you can't figure out what to do with your characters."

"...are about gilbert," diana finished.

"no, they're not! how else am i supposed to deal with the fact that he's been gone for eight months and three days and he may never come back?!" ruby cries as millie touch the girl's shoulder to comfort her. anne was still reading a book and didn't even bother to look at them.

millie smiled at two girls bickering, "who is this gilbert person you two are talking about? i keep hearing his name everywhere," millie asked the two.

"gilbert blythe, ruby's crush for a long time now, i think he's on your age or you must be a year older than him, by the way, he has a brother, benjamin blythe, who's dreamy and gentleman," diana explained as millie nodded.

"they are both dreamy! i've been crushing on ben too, but he's very older than me. so i just keep on crushing on gilbert!" ruby exclaimed, "i heard he doesn't have a fiance now because the girl cheats on her, how dare she!"

"her name's victoria allen, i think. she's married now to another man after ben left with gilbert," diana added.

"why they aren't here anymore?" millie asked, her interest and curiosity piqued to the blythe siblings.

"oh, i don't think we are in a place to say that... but their father died a month ago, so they left avonlea and we don't know where they are right now. i hope they come back here, though." diana said, clearly missing the blythe brothers. "oh! i almost forgot! i've had a letter from aunt josephine! she's very keen to read some of our stories! let's only send her our very best."

"oh no, i don't have a story!" millie said.

"it's alright, millie. i will just notify aunt josephine that we have a new member and she doesn't have a complete story yet," diana reassured as millie smiled and nodded.

"well, then, we should send her all of anne's."

"let's send her one each. to be fair," anne said as millie nodded. "yes, i agree with anne. you should send one each and i'm sure she will love your stories," millie assured them.

 you should send one each and i'm sure she will love your stories," millie assured them