magnifique | three

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter three
|green gables|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"oh, matthew, millie, i've just had the best afternoon!" anne told to them as she approached the house, "can you imagine that of all the trees on prince edward, i managed to find the oldest and kindest one?"

"we could." millie answered while she let out a small chuckle by the redhead's appearance. anne's hair was a mess and her dress was dirty.

"how many species of birds would you say there are? i'm sure i heard at least... and i'm sorry for not bringing you there, millie, i swear i will bring you there next time. i don't want to interrupt your lovely dreams." anne explained to her friend.

"it's quite alright, anne, i think you enjoy your afternoon very much." millie grin widely at anne. her enthusiasm really interests millie. she's lucky to have an amazing friend such as anne shirley- cuthbert.

"gracious me, what happened to you?" marilla gasped as she saw the redhead in all muddy clothes.

"I was on big ad--" anne was gonna say something when marilla cuts her off.

"adventure. yes, i see. i'll thank you to spare me the details. you're not coming inside with those filthy boots on, that's for sure and certain. take them off. then you can go right upstairs and change out of those wet clothes before supper. and be quick about it before you catch your death. pff. adventure."

millie followed anne on the way. "afternoon, mister dunlop!" they both greeted the border as they walked into the kitchen.

"afternoon, dear anne and millie!" mister dunlop greeted back to the both of girls as he devours on a pastry.

"take your needlepoint, please," marilla told to the both of girls.

"i wouldn't even be doing needlepoint if i wasn't out of paper." anne complained.

"there'll be plenty more when school starts up again after harvest." marilla said.

"but needlepoint provides so little scope for the imagination!"

"it is quite fine, anne, besides you can needlepoint princess cordelia." millie cheer up her redhead friend. she can say that needlepoint is quiet boring but she is amazed by marilla's needlepoint skill, her work is astonishing.

today was her first day living in green gables with the cuthberts, she really enjoyed anne, matthew, and marilla's company, although, she still didn't trust the borders. she thinks that the borders will cause chaos in avonlea.

she didn't know why she was thinking such as things like that, maybe anne influenced her to think wildly. she didn't know what to think, but she knew she was grateful to the cuthberts by welcoming her to their lovely home.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

it's already dinner time and they're waiting for nate to arrive before they can say the prayer and eat peacefully.

"i wonder what's become of nate." marilla said as they all gathered around the dinner table, "well, i guess we should make a start."

suddenly, nate walked into the household, "my apologies! so sorry i'm late! i get lost in my work, again." nate takes off his coat hangs it on the side of the door.

"we were getting worried, is all."

"please don't hold it against me." the man pleaded as he sat down next to marilla, "shall i say grace?"

"my, it's been a long time since we said grace in this household."

"it does seem like there's an awful lot to be grateful for, especially now at harvest time..." anne explained.

"grace would be very nice." marilla said.

millie stays silent as she's listening to the family. she didn't want to say anything but she's glad that she's sitting with them. in the family she's serving before, she can only eat if the whole family is finished eating, the left-overs are the only ones she can eat, and if they didn't have left-over, she didn't get to eat at all.

"dear lord, we thank you for..." nate began to say the prayer before anne cuts him off.

"oh, could you please say 'gracious heavenly father'?" anne pleaded.

"anne!"

"it's sound so much more romantical."

nate cleared his throat, "gracious heavenly father, please bless and the cuthberts for taking us into their home. we give thanks to you for the food and for the hands that have prepared it. we ask your blessings upon this meal, that it will... nourish our bodies and refresh our souls. bless those who are here and those who are in our hearts. and all those who are not as fortunate on this day, amen."

"amen."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

[ a year ago...]

"there is no left-over, child, you're not going to eat today. tu le mérites, fille orpheline." missus price said.

millie was serving the price family for three years now. they don't have mercies in their hearts, missus price always scolds her and doesn't give her a dress, even a proper meal.

"you disgrace! you should be thankful to us, we've been given you a house to live for! maybe you deserved in the asylum after all! fille stupide!"

the price's twin, they are both girls and always slap the poor girl, they even locked the girl in the basement for fun.

"you deserved to be there, orphan! maybe have some insect friends!" one of them said as they both make fun of the girl inside.

mister price, a drunkard man, always hurt her and even took his anger out on her.

"sale orphelin, pourquoi vivez-vous même?" the man yelled at her as he hit her with a belt. the girl doesn't have a choice to endure the pain and let out a quiet sob.

mildred belle turner the orphan, the stupid, disgrace to everyone. that's the things she thinks of herself every day. she usually thinks of killing herself but she always suddenly thinks of her deceased mother. the older woman in asylum always said that her mother died of giving birth to her and her father is unknown.

'shameful man didn't even have time to find her daughter.' she always thought about that. she really hates her father for leaving her and her mother behind.