magnifique | sixteen

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter sixteen
|there's no gold than a family|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"i wish you'd be rid of that book," marilla cuthbert stated at anne who's reading the book that nate gave to her, "this is a period best forgotten."

"i'm not sure i agree with you, marilla," she said and turned to marilla as she has a rock in her hands, it was nate's.

"take this rock as an example," anne said and handed marilla the rock, which the woman accept. "nate's book taught me that it's iron pyrite. fool's gold. if you perceive it in a certain light, it looks like real gold."

"it does if you're foolish enough to trick yourself into seeing something that isn't real."

millie turned to the girl and smiled, "that's very wise, anne."

"all we can do is our best, marilla, regardless of what we know or don't know," anne reasoned.

"true enough," matthew said as millie nodded her head, agreeing to what anne stated.

"well, i believe there's always a bit of good in any situation, even a bad one," millie said.

"yes, i believe in that too. i think it builds character," anne added.

"easier said than done," marilla said. "but i suppose that's a fine way to looking at things," she added as she handed the rock back to anne and smiled.

"malcom frost recommends i trust my intuition, and i plan to."

"tell us about your adventure in charlottetown, anne. i'm very certain that i will like it," millie said as she holds the girl's hand.

anne smiles widely as she started to tell her adventure in charlottetown with diana and met the gold specialist named 'malcom frost'. her family attentively listen to what she has to say and the big words she had used.

millie smiled as anne continued to tell the story, as she saw how happy anne was. maybe, it's a family thing, that you're the happiest if your family is very pleased.

"you know, there's no gold than a family loving each other."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

on a steamer...

"what is that, gil? a love letter?" benjamin blythe teasingly asked as he looks to his brother, gilbert, that has a letter in his hands.

"you're just jealous because no one writes to you," gilbert shot back teasingly as ben playfully rolled his eyes.

"really, what is that? who is it from?" ben asked, now a serious question?

"anne," gilbert simply stated as he opens the letter.

"oh, it is a love letter," ben joked.

bash grabbed the envelope and ben reached to bash as they both examine the envelope and who is it from.

"hmm. fancy," bash said. "so what is say?"

"maybe anne confess her love to him through a letter," ben said as he and bash both laugh.

"no! anne said she have a sister that has been in avonlea for a long time now, and..." gilbert trails off for a moment. ben raised an eyebrow to said that he didn't need his brother's suspense.

"there's gold in avonlea?"