magnifique | six

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter six
|beach day|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"ah! isn't this just the most beautiful day there ever was?!" anne shirley exclaimed as she traveled to the beach with millie, marilla, and matthew "i love autumn. i just love it! i'm so glad i get to live in a world where there are octobers, aren't you? i'm still trying to understand why you haven't been to the beach since you were children."

millie, who was seemed to amaze at the scenery in front of her smiled freely. it is like ever since she got in avonlea, she starts to smile genuinely and become cheerful. it is like a dream to her, a dream that she never wants to disappear. she was very glad to experience this kind of adventure, and of course her adventure with her dearest friend, anne.

"never really thought of it," marilla defends her decisions.

"never thought of it?!" millie cries, she was rather shocked that the cuthbert siblings didn't even think of going on a beach in their youth years. she, on the other hand, was always imagining she was outdoors. after being freed by the slavery in price's household, she wanted to fulfill and experience the things she never been before. like this, going to a beach with a family. she feels like it was one of the memories she won't forget, and to the future adventures, she will experience.

"never really had an opportunity, i suppose."

"but you've had every opportunity! for fifty years! i love you both very much but this is positively mystifying! mystifying!" anne exclaimed as she stood up from her seat in the cart and examine the scenery around her. "i've been longing to go every day for all of my fourteen years but i've never had a chance. i can't wait to find out what we've been all missing because i'm quite sure we've been missing a lot."

"anne, be careful," millie said. "and so am i, in my sixteen years of existence i've never been on a beach before," millie agreed to anne.

"what about the family you've been serving before? they did not go to a beach?" marilla asked the blonde-haired girl.

millie shook her head, "no. they do go to a beach, but without me. i've been locked up in their house in three years of being a servant to them, i'm not allowed to go on outdoors," she explained as she smiled sadly. both cuthbert shared a pitiful look.

"oh, stop!" anne suddenly exclaimed.

"what?"

"stop the buggy! stop!" anne, once again, exclaimed.

"whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"whatever's the matter, anne?" both millie and marilla asked the red-headed girl.

"ugh. wait here! millie, come with me! we'll be right back!" anne said as both her and millie hopped out of the cart. anne ran towards the edge of the cliff as millie followed the red-headed girl.

"anne! millie! what the devil? anne! millie!" marilla yelled at them in far away.

both girls looked at the view in front of them as they watch in awe. it was like a fairy tale to them, they froze in their position as they watch the ocean that lies in front of them.

her green eyes are glistening as she watches the wondrous scenery. happiness can't ever define her feelings right now, and one thing she comes out of her mind.

she will never forget it.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"isn't it glorious?" anne excitedly asked as pulled millie with her to run towards the beach.

"anne! mildred! what are you two doing? oh no... come back here. anne! mildred! oh! oh! look at this!" marilla exclaimed as she watched the two girls plunge into the water. "matthew! matthew! stop them. it's dangerous! anne, mildred! come back here this instant!" she continued to yell.

"come in! come in! it's wonderful!" anne happily yelled back as millie waves at the cuthbert siblings. "oooh! this is so much fun! come here! come here! pretty please? come on now!" she giggled softly.

"no, it's cold! matthew, will you stop them?" marilla told to her brother as matthew scurry his way into the beach.

"oof! ah! pretty cold, eh?" matthew said as he stifled a laugh.

"it's perfect!" anne exclaimed and let out a giggle. millie happily stomps his feet into the water as anne splash some water to her, "hey! no fair, anne!"

"anne! mildred! matthew! come back here," marilla commands from the edge of the beach.

"come in!" matthew yelled at his sister.

"don't be silly," marilla retorted as millie laughed. "it's fun, really! join us!"

"come on, marilla, come on, come in!"

they tried to persuade marilla from joining them into the water. suddenly, anne gets sucked under the waves.

"matthew! matthew! ooh! oh! matthew! save her!" marilla cries as matthew dive on the water to save anne from drowning.

"anne! anne!" millie yelled as she tried to help to find the girl.

"i got so excited that i forgot i can't swim!" anne said as she laughed.

"because this is so much fun and we can forget anything! and i'm glad you're fine!" millie joins in and they giggled.

"is she all right?! anne, are you all right?" marilla yelled.

"i'm fine!"

"you want to learn? with your legs, kick with your legs. kick, kick, kick. paddle with your hands like a puppy, there it is."

matthew cuthbert teaches the both girls how to swim. marilla watched them in a far with a happy grin in her face, she felt contented. millie, on the other hand, was rather happy to be teaching how to swim as she excitedly listened and watch anne guided by matthew.

 millie, on the other hand, was rather happy to be teaching how to swim as she excitedly listened and watch anne guided by matthew