magnifique | thirty

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter thirty
|they're back but there's no gold|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"surely it can't be that awful," diana barry told to anne.

millie, anne, and diana are in the coats as anne was very embarrassed by her hair.

"it is not, diana. anne is just exaggerating," millie retorted. she didn't know why her sister was very embarrassed by her hair, it suits her perfectly well.

"i'm a monstrosity. in fact, you two best forget me now and forever. i'd never, ever want to bring this humiliation upon you too," anne exclaimed.

"oh, anne, how could i forget you? even if i want--- which i don't. i will never forget you, you're my sister," millie reassured her as diana smiled.

"best take off your hat," diana said as anne nodded and take off her hat.

diana's expression was rather shocked after seeing anne's new hair cut but she immediately smiled as she took her bow in her hair and put it to anne's. millie was rather happy seeing that anne was lucky to have diana as her bosom friend.

"i made a promise... never to forsake thee. besides... it's only hair. it'll grow back soon," diana reassured anne.

"yes. that's what i told anne a million times already!" millie exclaimed.

"yes... but not nearly soon enough," anne answered.

diana was the first to enter the crowd and followed by millie and anne, who's holding hands together. the crowd had a shocked expression on their faces as they stared at them, or at least to anne.

millie, on the other hand, was rather curious about what the commotion all about before they entered.

millie's curiosity started to grow as she witnesses anne's and a raven-haired boy facing each other and staring at each other's eyes.

"anne," the raven-haired boy greeted her sister.

"you're back," anne just muttered to the boy.

"yes. hi," the boy said, making millie's eyebrow raised.

wait... back? blythe? , she thought.

"there's no gold!" anne blurted out.

"i-i know. i-i heard. that's not why i'm here. it's really good to see you," he said to anne.