magnifique | thirty seven

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter thirty seven
|aunt josephine|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"and now, with cole and diana allowed to go, as their parents feel a piano concert will be most educational... we were hoping you would reconsider," anne explained to marilla.

millie quickly notice that something is wrong with marilla.

"marilla? are you alright?" millie asked as she reached to marilla.

"i'll leave it to you, michael, " marilla blurted out, causing matthew to looked at her.

millie knew that the cuthbert's deceased brother was called 'michael' and she was confused why marilla suddenly mentioned his name.

"matthew," marilla corrected to herself, "and yes, i am alright."

matthew immediately stood up from the fireplace.

"i'll allow it," matthew answered but millie is still focusing on marilla to celebrate about it.

"we're going!" diana exclaimed as she hugged anne, "we're going!"

"come! help us pack!" anne exclaimed as she, diana, and cole was walking upstairs to their room, "i couldn't bear it if my puff sleeves were crushed for the party!"

millie stayed with marilla and matthew in the fireplace.

"why aren't you still packing?" marilla asked her.

"uh, are you alright? i could stay here with you two," millie said. she really prioritized matthew and marilla's help even if it the reason she can't go to the party.

marilla shook her head, "nonsense. go and help your sister pack your things. matthew and i will be fine here. besides, i want you to keep an eye to your sister."

millie smiled as she hugged both matthew and marilla, "oh! thank you so much! this is the first party i'm going to attend! thank you for reconsidering it! i'll be packing now," millie exclaimed as she walked upstairs to catch up on her friends.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"i-i left you something so you don't forget us," anne said, "i love you!" she exclaimed as diana called her and run.

millie smiled at the two, "we'll be going now. i'll be sure to keep an eye on anne. goodbye, marilla and matthew," she said as she hugged them both.