magnifique | twenty six

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter twenty six
|divinely beautiful|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

on a steamer...

benjamin and gilbert blythe stared at the blue ocean and sky as they both think about their decision.

"what of you two? i like our change of plans, doc," bash told to the blythe brothers.

"you're daring, coming to this level of the deck," gilbert said to him as ben nods.

"i agree, once the fireman hears about you coming up here, you can expect trouble," ben said.

"i can live down trouble," bash said causing the both blythe let out a scoff.

"i want to see where i'm headed for once. feel the wind on my face. avonlea ahead of me. ten years of this ship humpin' coal, i earned this. besides, what are they going to do? sack me? toss me overboard?" bash said making both boys chuckled, "worst-case scenario, i get the latrine."

"if my choices were that or latrine duty, i might take my chances with the atlantic." ben joked causing them all laughed.

"choices. i like that word. things are going to change startin' right now," bash said.

"yeah," gilbert answered.

ben smiled at bash, "i'm sure there's life waiting for you in avonlea, bash."

"you too, blythe. i'm sure there's a lot of ladies waiting for your arrival there," bash teased.

"i hope so," ben joked as they all laugh.

and he's hoping to find his true love in the place where his heartbreaks started.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"keep your hands off!" millie heard anne shouts as someone. she quickly ran off to them see what happened. 

"anne? hey, girls. what happened here?" she asked.

"you mustn't mind them, anne. they're just boys being boys. they love to torment our lives out," millie heard diana said to anne.

"i do mind. i mind a great deal," anne said.

"what happened here, jane?" millie asked to jane.

"boys happened. they just pulled our skirts up," jane whispered, making millie furious.

she stepped up in front of the girls, "hey, doofus! a skirt is not an invitation!"

millie reached the boys and face them, specifically billy, and punch him right in the nose. "if you bully my sister or my friends again, you are not just having a broken nose, prick," she said as she walked back to the girls, who laughing at billy.