C.82

jaehyun slowly lifted his head up to look at her face. pain washed all over him seeing her in that state. his hands finds its way to hers.

he threw his head to the back blinking the tears away before he looked down at her.

"yoonhwa, can you hear me?" he started but she didn't budge. the sound of the heart monitor is the only thing that calmed him down.

at least he knows that she's still alive. just then, seokjin's words came into his mind.

"a patient with heart problems undergoing common surgical procedures have a substantially higher risk of operative mortality" he explained which made jaehyun a bit confused. but he realised what it means.

"she might die after 30 days even if the surgery went well" seokjin went to grab jaehyun's shoulder giving it a light squeeze.

he closed his eyes shut his grip on her tightening slightly. "yoonhwa you're going to live" he mumbled.

"you're going to open your eyes and smile to me-" he bit his lower lip and brought her hand to his forehead.
"that's sounds so stupid.." he mumbled.

"i failed.. i failed being your brother" jaehyun's eyes went back to her face. her eyes was still closed.

"jaehyun" he turned around upon hearing that familiar voice. winwin stood at the door his eyes asking if he could come inside.

jaehyun sighed and nodded his head. winwin gave him a small smile before he stepped inside and closed the door behind him.

"do you need anything, winwin?"

"i feel like i should show you this thing" he slid his hand inside his pocket taking out something. jaehyun's gaze went from him to the thing in his hand.

it was the silver necklace that winwin founded earlier. "it was near the river where we found yoonhwa. you know who this necklace belongs to right?"

jaehyun looked up meeting winwin's eyes. he was confused and couldn't quite believe what he saw. winwin's face turned serious.

"that's what i thought when i first found this necklace" he said as if he know what jaehyun had thought of.

"no.. that's impossible how-"

▽▽▽

taeyong heaved a heavy sigh and he rubbed his temples. he was getting tired with all the action that had happened earlier and now this. the other members were already there except for jaehyun, mark and haerin.

jaehyun asked to be alone with his little sister, and they respected his decision. chenle bit his lower lip. he knew this day would eventually come.

maybe he shouldn't have seen yoonhwa's and haechan's future.

yes he saw a glimpse of them. and it showed none other than death. yoonhwa's alive- but she's in a comatose. which they don't know when she will wake up.

and haechan. no one knows what was happening inside the surgery room. it was almost two hours and no doctor or just someone, came out to tell them something.

all of them lifted their heads up when they heard loud footsteps coming towards their direction. it was none other than haerin and mark.

a big smile appeared on jisung's lips when he saw her and immediately got up to embrace her.

"any news?" mark asked still panting for air because they were running earlier. none of them answered.

"i'm beginning to get scared.. what if-"

"no! haechan is strong. we just need to believe him" renjun said stopping chenle from saying anything. he knew what chenle was thinking. honestly, he doesn't even know what to believe anymore.

there's a big chance that haechan won't survive.
that's what scared all of them.

taeyong abruptly got up stuffing both of his hands inside his jeans pockets. doyoung who was sitting right beside him raised his head up eyebrows furrowing as he stared the leader.

"where are you going?" he asked. taeyong glanced shortly towards him. "i'm going to get some water" he mumbled.

"i'll get if for you, you must've been tired" kun said as he also got up from his seat. taeyong smiled bitterly and shook his head.

"no.. i'll go by myself-"

the door to the surgery room were pushed opened and a guy in a surgery outfit came out. taeyong instantly spun his heels around and walked towards the doctor.

the doctor got his glasses off. "doctor kim seokjin" taeyong started as the guy placed his glasses inside his pocket.

"how's haechan? is he okay?" johnny asked then continued by xiaojun.
"did the surgery went well?"

"the real question is.. is he still alive?" taeyong asked as he stared the do to standing in front of him.

"first of all, i need all of you to calm down" seokjin said quite tired. he had to perform a two hour surgery- he had gotten used to it but it was still tiring.

all of their faces dropped when seokjin raised his chin up his eyes looking somewhat different.