lx. final day

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝒀
❝ 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒚 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

SINCE THE TALK VERA HAD WITH her friend from the night before, she had chosen to spend more time with Legolas as the fear that he would pass over soon came to light and they would not have as much time together as they wished

SINCE THE TALK VERA HAD WITH her friend from the night before, she had chosen to spend more time with Legolas as the fear that he would pass over soon came to light and they would not have as much time together as they wished. However, her plans went downhill as Grimmund and Edgar hauled her near their horses and ensured she stayed in their sight for the rest of the journey with the wishes to speak more to their long, lost cousin and get to know her more as family and blood-relation. Thankfully, Legolas has been taking the task of scouting the area dutifully, leaving Vera with no other choice but to let Edgar and Grimmund talk her ear off. However, it did not stop Vera from risking glances in worry to her beloved and using her feä to interact with him as much as she can. Mercifully, Legolas would respond as loyally to Vera's attempts with the same reaction and positivity, saving her from having to worry relentlessly and alienate her friends.

The day was bright and sunny, seeming all too perfect to be considered true but Vera did not notice as she laughs heartily at a joke made by Edgar. They have been making light conversation with one another about Aldwin and Britta's daily fights after witnessing the two wrestle each other before Edmund joins them and adds to the pile before proceeding to choke Britta and causing more of a mess than needed. Edmund is a strangely wild child who is much too carefree and brave, nearing to the point of reckless but fun nonetheless and the right amount of joy needed in this dark time. Additionally, Vera adored his relationship with Èmiliya as she walks with Èothain next to her and her two cousins by her side. The mischief-making duo is running about, closer to Aragorn and Èowyn, and making more noise than needed.

Vera smiles. They reminded her too much of two certain Hobbit friends that she yearns to be with more and more.

Her thoughts and momentary happy moment is interrupted as she notes Legolas' overbearing, cautious rise in his feä. She watches as his eyes scout the areas and survey the passing horses next to him, Hàma and Gamling sitting atop, as they ride ahead. Worriedly, Vera lets her spirit broach his gently and once he didn't respond as positively as before, she starts to grow more neurotic and anxious over the incoming events. Along with the alerted approach her friend has over something over the horizon, the tangible darkness breaching her spirit does not let her guard and worry come down in any way.  Vera noticeably goes quiet as her ears start to pick on something more dangerous...guttural snarls and animalistic growls in the distance. 

Vera stops in her steps as the crowd starts to realize a difference in the atmosphere; they could see the panic starting to arise a few shrieks and snarls can be heard from behind the steep hill. Vera connects eyes with Grimmund and Edgar, who looks worried about the incoming events, and attempts to calm and disintegrate the darkness seeping to her feä from the attackers' position. Slowly and as inconspicuously as she could, she starts to maneuver away from Èothain and Freda after handing them to her Grandfather and assuring the two that nothing is wrong to meet with Èmiliya and Edmund, who are starting to panic as they both notice the strange behavior happening around them. As she leaves Grimmund and Edgar, Vera watches as Legolas disappears closer to the danger, no doubt attempting to salvage one's life and search for the incomers.