-43-

"She's a very violent mother..." I told my parents as I started to calm down. Jihoon is still patting my back.

"She wanted me to be a child prodigy so she made me play every instruments."

"When I lose at contests she would beat me up and lock me in my room without giving me food."

"When I grew up, she became more violent. She would even threaten me with a knife."

"Suddenly, she went home with a random man with a son. The man's son is very good at playing the piano."

"I was so happy that she didn't pay that much attention to me when they arrived."

"But then the boy got into an accident and his fingers got injured, she blamed me even though its not my fault."

"She started to become violent again. That's when I decided to ran away from home."

The room were quite for a while. Jihoon hugged me and my mother and father also joined.

"You're so brave, Jihyun." Jihoon whispered at me and patted my back.

"We won't let that witch take you." Mom said which made me laugh. "Thank you, Mom." My parents decided to go out and let the reporters interview them.

"We really don't know why that woman is claiming that Jihyun is her daughter."

"But don't you think she's too much? The plane crash incident happened 4 years ago. But she just appeared now?"

When I peeked outside, the reporters are nodding. "You've been through a lot." Jihoon told me as he played with my hair.

"But you know the difference between your past and present?" Jihoon held my face and his face slowly approaching mine.

"You're not alone." Jihoon smiled and slowly closed the gap between our lips.

My tears fell as I felt his soft lips on mine. It's like his lips is telling me that I shouldn't be scared.