mean girls

~chapter 24~

"You wanted to speak to me about something babe?" He says and I look back into the cafeteria.

"Yeah, uhm" I pause, finding the right words, my heart in my mouth and I can hardly make eye contact with him. 

"You're an amazing guy" I start and he stops kissing me and I listen to hear his cool breath hitch in his mouth.

"Oh god... Did you? What the fuck did that bastard say!" He says fuming, his eyes swirling with anger and betrayal.

"No Grayson, nothing happened!" I reassure him,

"But you and I are not even dating" I gesture between the two of us before continuing-

"This would've hurt us somehow! I just don't think this is good for us right now"

"What are you talking about babygirl?" He says sighing and he pushes me lightly against the wall, his eyes staring into mine.

"Grayson, this was never going to work" I say pointing between us, feeling guilt line the bottom of my stomach.

"Cara, what did he say to you?" He asks

"What are you talking about Gray?"

"Is he controlling you?"

"Who's controlling me?" I splutter trying not to laugh at how stupid this seems, I thought he would act nonchalant about this, we're not even dating.

"Mr fucking Romano!" he shouts

"Mr Romano? What do you mean?" I say

"Because, you have a sick obsession with him Cara!" He shouts out earning a few disgruntled looks and I clench my teeth together.

"On the trip to Italy you were fantasising about him!" He says stepping backwards,

"I can't believe I encouraged you" he looks down in shame biting his lip piercing.

"Sick obsession? You're the one that calls me baby girl and puts your hand on my thigh!" I say back, infuriated with his accusations.

"That's not as bad as keeping the professors bed warm!" He shrieks and I slap his cheek not caring if anyone sees.

"I don't keep the professors bed warm for your information, I've never slept with him and just to let you know, Gray" I pause,

"He's a better kisser than you!" I finish

"Fuck you Cara" he spits and walks off in the opposite direction.

I watch as he storms up to his motorbike, not even putting the helmet on and revs it a few times before speeding off.

Don't feel bad Cara

You weren't dating.

He didn't have the right to say that you're practically a slut.

I sigh and close my eyes letting the tears subside and I push open the doors to the cafeteria feeling more upset than angry.

"Hey girl, you good?" Says Loren looking at me and I nod, biting my lip to stop the tears from falling.

"Yeah, fine" I smile and pick a fry from Aaliyah's plate, she attempts to swot my hand away but she recoils knowing I'm annoyed.

"Where's Grayson?" Says Aaliyah and I pretend to look confused as I can't be bothered to tell them about his stupid temper tantrum.

"I'm not sure, toilet I think" I lie chewing on my fry and they shrug, continuing to eat but I notice that Lucas is still scanning around.

"Do you think he'll be in fitness class? Grayson makes fun of Mr Schultz so it's not too bad" he says looking at me.