a piece of my heart

~chapter fifty one~

Prom dress shopping was something only demon shoppers could endure, I'm all for shopping. I love it a lot, any excuse to refill my wardrobe with expensive clothes.

Some would even say I'm a whore for a new dress,

But shopping for prom dresses with no date was what put the icing on the cake for my loneliness after the whole 'Salvatore, Italy' ordeal.

I mean I would rather be sat by the pool with a martini than being dragged around several shops with three other way too happy girls.

"White makes me look washed out, red is too inappropriate, black is too dark for summer" lists Loren as she sifts through the racks.

"Turquoise?" I suggest to her and she looks over at me with wide, distasteful eyes and shakes her head.

"Absolutely not" she says and looks over at me hunched up with no idea what dress to buy, to be honest I'm not in the mood.

"Cara you still need to find a dress" she says and I shrug, "I do but I don't want to" I say and I watch as she pulls out a shimmery gold dress.

The dress has a plunging v neck on it but has a rich gold material and it's something like Beyoncé would wear on the red carpet.

"This is nice" she says looking over at me and my eyes light up at the golden bodice of the dress which would compilent my tanned skin.

"That's beautiful" I say to Loren and she nods at me liking the look of it as well, "Do you want to try it?" She asks me

"Do you not what it? Is it my size?" I ask her and she nods passing it to me and I get up and walk to the nearest changing room with the dress.

I open the door and take off my Ralph Loren top and shimmy into the golden, skin tight dress that flares out at the bottom.

I put the dress on and slip the straps over my shoulder and admire my reflection as I take my hair out of its ponytail.

My hair bounces over my shoulders and I open the dressing room door to show the girls. Loren, Aaliyah and Brittanys mouths drop open.

"Damn if i wasn't straight I would totally bang you" Aaliyah says and I smile as I twirl around and Loren gives me a thumbs up

"That dress was made for you" she says smiling and I thank her loving the feel of the material on my skin, this dress has totally bewitched me.

"It's beautiful" Brittany compliments and I hug them all and decide that this is the dress I want to wear on prom night.

"Sure?" I ask them all and they all nod.

"Definitely" they all say in unison and I thank them and go to get changed back into my clothes from before, feeling elated and sexy.

I put the dress back on the hanger and make my way over to Loren who is hiding up a velvet green dress to her body.

"That's pretty" I say to her and she nods.

"Green actually compliments my skin tone and light hair" she says and I nod realising how that will bring out her eyes.

"It doesn't look Christmassy does it?" She asks and I shake my head, "No, not at all, it's beautiful" I say to her and she nods

"I'm just going to pay for this" I inform them all and Aaliyah comes with me to pay for a maroon red dress she wants.

"So how are you holding up?" She asks me as we get into the queue and I look over at her and shrug slightly

"Okay I guess" I say to her and she nods putting her hair behind her ear, "Grayson and I spoke while you were away" she says.