vip area

~chapter fifty~

Salvatore's POV:

I downed the strong whisky in my glass, I looked across the room at Antonio and his girlfriend.

She is sat across his lap and his hand is gripping onto her hips and she is resting her head against his chest, the room full of silence.

Seeing them together, a loved up couple, does anger me and make me realise how stupid I was in letting go the best thing in my life- Cara.

But her Uncle's face when we drove away, Grayson and my job all scarred my mind and told me that I have to let go of this false reality.

"You okay?" Asks Antonio as his girlfriend shuffles on his lap and gives me a sympathetic smile and I put my port glass down.

"Fine" I remark and stand up but Antonio follows me after apologising to his girlfriend who he moved off his lap.

"Don't lie Salv" he whispers looking at me and I shrug at him, "I don't want your pity" I say regarding my father more than Cara.

"I will get your men to organise the funeral" he says and pats my shoulder but I shake my head and pull his hand.

"Good" I answer trying not to shudder at the thought that I'm know the leader of my fathers mafia, the thought had always made me angry.

But right now all I feel is loneliness and numb, so it hasn't really resonated with me that my father has died and I'm now the leader.

I walk out from the room where Antonio and his girlfriend are and I scoff as I tug at my suit jacket and walk out of the house.

"Salvatore where are you going?" He shouts at me and I brush him off and get into my blood red Porsche and rev the engine.

"Salvatore torna bastardo!" Shouts Antonio as he calls for me to come back knowing that I'm about to make an impulsive decision.

I pull away and the asphalt under the tyres rips under my wheels as I skid away from the huge prison I call home.

I angrily indicate onto the road and my hand grips the steering wheel, making my knuckle white and my veins protrude excessively.

After a good ten minutes of solid driving like a speed from I pull up outside a rowdy club which has loud music pulsing out of it.

I unclip my seatbelt and throw open the door already gaining a lot of attention from males and females alike.

I walk past them as their eyes gaps open and make my way into my club that used to belong to my father.

The security guards nod at me and I look sternly around the club and click on my cuff links as I walk down to the bar.

"Romano?" Says a mousy voice and I turn around to see Angeline in a tight red dress with a slightly sweaty complexion.

"Angeline" I shout over the music and she winks at me and sips on her margarita as a girl I recognise as her 'friend' walk over.

"This is my girlfriend Chloe, Chloe this is Salvatore" she introduces me to the catty liking girl with short blonde hair and a tight black dress.

"Ciao" she says and kisses Angeline on the lips who blushes and pulls her in for more and I just stand there trying to get the bartenders attention.

"This club is now mine- I'm the mafia boss now" I say bluntly but only Chloe heard me as Angeline seems deaf to the loud music.

"Anyway" she says turning my head back to them and I watch as Chloe eyes me up and down and chuckles.