epilogue

~epilogue~

I was going back to a place that had bad memories, yes, it is going to be hard.

I always knew that.

Stepping back on the plane that carried my whole heart nearly had me turning back home.

Of course I had my girls to support me, Loren, Aaliyah and Brittany and I know they will understand how I'm feeling.

But I have to do this.

Italy isn't just about my tragic love story with my ex professor, it was about the school trip, the food, the paintings and the language.

"Are you sure you want to to do this?" Loren asks me as we walk up the stairs to the plane and I take off my black sunglasses.

"Yeah" I say looking at her sliding my sunglasses into my jogger pockets and she hooks her arm through mine as we step onto the plane.

"Welcome" says the flight attendant and we smile at the man who ushers us aboard the flight and my nerves fizzle away inside of me.

We slide into our seats and put our bags on the overhead lockers and I sit next to Loren and Aaliyah, Brittany sits on the other side of the aisle.

I shuffle about in my seat and read through some messages my uncle has text me, asking me whether we got on the flight safely.

I quickly text him back saying we're about to take off and I tuck my phone away and put it on airplane mode.

"Ladies and gentlemen your direct flight from New York to Milan, Italy is about to take off" says a flight attendant

"But first we have a safety demonstration from the flight attendants"

I look up from the seats in front of me and watch the flight attendants go over the safety procedures and Loren leans her head on my shoulder.

Feeling myself yawn after the safety demonstration I fiddle with my tight seatbelt and feel the plane jerk as the engine starts.

My hand grips the side of the seat slightly and I shrug as Loren watches me, "what happened to the little fierce seductress?" She chuckles

"She's gone" I say looking over at Loren with a slight bitter tone to my words and she nods with a grim smile and I look away guiltily.

Damn you Salvatore

"Hey, I'm sorry I seemed a bit harsh, but you will always be my fierce seductress" she says grabbing my arm reassuringly

"Sorry I snapped at you, my emotions are overriding everything right now" I smile at her and she nods squeezing my hands back.

"I understand, it can be a bit overwhelming going back to a place that has so many memories and connections" she answers

"I mean at least we won't see him" I chuckle and she nods smiling, "there you go" she nudges my arm and Aaliyah shoots me a smile.

"Ready?" Loren asks

"Always"

~