beauty

~chapter 28~

I stop off at a small coffee shop quickly, I order an iced coffee and thank the woman at the till as I leave, tipping them a dollar bill.

I make my way to school and I walk up to the front gates and open them as I weave through people entering the premises.

"Hey!" Says Loren and I turn around to see her smiling at me and she grabs all her stuff and walks over to me.

"Hey! Where is everyone?" I ask her and she shrugs but then grabs her phone and opens up her messages

"Brittany is off sick so Lucas told me he is staying behind with her, Grayson is with his gang and Aaliyah is MIA" she jokes

"So did you know Grayson is racing tonight with his motorcycle group or something?" I ask Loren as we walk over to our lockers.

"I think so" she says and looks at me opening her locker and sighs, "you going?" She asks me and I shrug nodding

"Aaliyah wanted me to go" I bite my lip and she nods realising and then she sighs exchanging some books and looks over at me pausing

"I don't trust them. They're just rogues and they don't follow rules, they smoke and have a disreputable reputation around here"

"I mean I went to their warehouse and they seemed friendly" I say and Loren cautiously looks around before leaning in

"Just be careful ok? Aaliyah is smitten for him, just make sure she doesn't willingly throw herself under his bike" she chuckles

I round my eyes and look at her shocked, "she likes Grayson?" I ask her and she nods but shrugs banging her locker shut

"Yeah but Aaliyah goes through many phases, she fancied Mr Romano, likes Grayson- trust me she will change her mind by next week" she says

"Oh right" I say and we walk to home room together and I sip on my iced coffee anticipating tonight and still in after shock of what Loren said.

"Don't tell anyone what I said" she winks at me and I zip my mouth up and throw away an imaginary key with a nod, "I won't" and she smirks.

We sit in our seats and take out our planners as our tutor tells us about upcoming events and tells us the names of people with detentions today.

Chewing my pen lid I think of Mr Romano in his office and I look over at Loren as she smiles at me scribbling something down.

The door swings open and I flinch as I see Grayson walk over to me with this rucksack slung over his shoulder lazily.

"Grayson? Do you have anything to say?" She says an he mutters an inaudible curse under his breath and looks at her, "sorry" he apologises.

He looks at me and puts his hand in front of me and I look up at him and he looks at the tutor then back to me, "you're not coming tonight"

"Grayson what do you mean?" I whisper and he sits beside me and sits down tugging his leather jacket off and the pungent smell of cigarettes stains the air.

"Tonight. The motorcycle race, it's dangerous and I don't want you and Aaliyah there" he says and I roll my eyes

"We won't do anything stupid if that's what you're saying" I say and he looks at me intensely and then sighs in exasperation.

"I'm not saying you will do anything stupid it's just that if the guys from the gang do anything- I know you're not used to ruffians like me" he chuckles

"Ruffians? Grayson I'm sure we'll be fine and if anything does happen which I'm sure it won't you will be there" I say and he sighs

"I still don't want you to come" he argues and the tutor shoots daggers at us so we sit back in silence but he leans closer to me.

"Please don't come Cara" he says trying to make me feel guilty and I nod convincing him that I'm not going, but I've been looking forward to this night.

The next few lessons flew by and during lunch break I even managed to see Salvatore and asked for his opinion on tonight.

"Grayson could be right" he starts and I roll my eyes but he grips my thigh, "it could be dangerous babe" he kisses my temple.

"I know but Aaliyah wanted me to come with her and I won't stay for long..." I coax him and he succumbs to my innocent doe eyes.

"Fine but call me if anything goes wrong" he says possessively and I nod looking around his office and I look at a painting in the corner.

"This is so good!" I say picking it up and I inspect it admiring all the effort that has been put into it.

"Oh, that? It's not good, I kind of lost inspiration" he says standing behind me so I can feel his manhood brush against my back.

I look deeper into the painting and see that there is a dark figure at the back of the blue cornfield and I wonder,

Is there a hidden meaning to this?

"What does it symbolise?" I ask him turning around so that I'm facing him and he leans closer into me and smiles sadly, as he kisses my jaw.

"Beauty. Even if you're standing in the most beautiful place there is always darkness somewhere, in human form or elsewhere" he explains.

"That's very deep" I say chuckling and he shrugs plucking it out of my hands like he's picked a strawberry and places it the other way down.

"I started it when my father told me I had to marry Angeline, we had a huge argument and so I kind of locked myself away and painted to take my mind off things for a few days" he says.

"I can't believe he controls you this much" I say touching a small scar on his chin and he kisses my hand and sighs.

"He doesn't control me as such, he just likes having power" he says and continues as he moves away from me a bit, "that's why he's a good mafia boss"

He says raising an eyebrow at me and I shrug feeling upset that Salvatore has been through all this shit because his father is a gangster.

I know Salvatore is a grown man and can handle himself but I hate how much his father controls him, arranged marriages are so antiquated.

"What does Angeline think about the marriage?" I ask him and he shrugs, "I'm not sure, she likes me so I suppose she's not too annoyed"

"Likes you?"

"Not in that way; like I said before, she's a good friend and nothing more" he reassures me and I smile at him, turning to image him sleeping with her each night.

I hear the lunch bell shrill and I wince as I pull away from him, he cups my cheek and kisses me sensually until I have to hurriedly pull away.

"I have to go" I say holding his hand against my cheek and he sighs leaning his forehead against my own.

"Ok see you soon" he says and I thought that would've been the last time I saw him today,

But boy was I wrong

A/N

I'm so excited for next chapter, there's going to be so much drama and boyyyy y'all won't be ready for it ;)

I want waffles and strawberries now thanks

the Weeknd is very underrated but each time I listen to him I get 🤰

My insta- emilysophia_xox
My sc- earblaster16
My pinterest- Emily Sophia
My Wattpad- aestheticfoods
         X.          X.       X.          X