antonio

~chapter forty three~

Mr Romano's POV:

Today was the calm before the storm

Everything was running smoothly in the morning and I wouldn't have expected anything to happen.

I make my way to school the same way that I always do and the thought of Art club tonight kept me going but little did I know I wasn't going to attend.

I smile politely at the receptionist as I sip on my strong black coffee and I unlock my office and put my bags down.

Sighing I take out all my folders and binders and put them on my desk and I shrug off my blazer and hook it over the desk chair.

I sit down at my desk and text Cara to say good morning and she almost instantly replies and my heart beats faster whenever her name is mentioned.

If my father saw me know he would judge me for being such a pussy but I knew he was also smitten with my mother.

Though he never admitted it in front of me once my beautiful mother passed he realised how fucked up being part of the mafia is.

That is also another reason why I'm not part of the mafia, I'm clearly not as strong as my father and if I lost someone like Cara I couldn't live.

You would also think my father would understand my reasoning for not wanting to join the mafia but clearly not.

The main school bell rings out and I hear the chatter of the students outside of my door as they all rush to homeroom.

I stack some papers on my desk and I continue to work with some documents up until around recess and I leave to grab a drink and food.

Walking into the canteen I meet eyes with a couple of staff figures and I give them a laconic nod and I ignore the flirty smiles.

"Mr Romano" says a voice from behind me and I turn around to see Grayson cracking his knuckles which are red raw.

"Grayson can I help you?" I say and he puffs his chest out dramatically and even though he's a student I can't help but feel annoyance.

"I've heard about you and Cara" he says and my eyes widen like saucers and I shuffle from foot to foot and he grabs my shirt

"You fucking pedophile" he spits at me and I pull him off me as a couple of teachers restrain Grayson and he yanks his hands from their grasp

"That's enough!"

Shouts Mr Anderson, a maths teacher and his nostrils flare as he shouts at Grayson who takes no notice

He continues to stare at me and I roll my sleeves of my shirt up and look at Grayson dead in the eye as he walks off but not before a teacher grabs him.

"You're coming with me young man" he says and Grayson rolls his eyes and nudges me with his shoulder and I feel my blood boil.

Not that I'm angry at what he called me but I'm angry at he also offended Cara, I thought they were close friends?

"Cazzo" I mutter to myself in slight aftershock and I make my way to my office and I see Grayson walk into a teachers classroom slamming the door.