prom

~chapter fifty two~

Soft romantic music played through the opulent school halls and the room was lit up in led lights.

"This is amazing" says Loren, star struck at how the school faculty have completely transformed the once average main hall to a romantic ballroom.

"I love this!" Says Aaliyah as she grabs my hand and I smile as we weave our way through the crowds of people dancing and chatting.

A try of non alcoholic beverages pass us by and I pick one up for myself and Aaliyah who is holding onto my hand.

A few eyes look out way and I notice the looks some of the douche bag guys give me as they admire my dress and body.

"This is what I imagined prom to be" Loren says and I turn around to see Brittany and Lucas holding hands and staring into each other's eyes.

Jealousy

I smile at Brittany and she shoots me a grin and I turn around and try to ignore the nostalgia in my stomach.

Salvatore

Him and I at prom, dancing, chatting and being with everyone- no troubles in the world

Then I remember that it wouldn't be that simple with Salvatore, he was the assistant principal- he was my twelve years my senior.

I look away as I watch couples dance together with their arms around each other's necks and I watch as they lean in and kiss each other tenderly.

I tear my gaze away and I look over at Aaliyah that snaps a picture of me and her and she pulls me through the crowd to the photo area.

"Let's go outside to take some pictures" she says tugging on my hand and we follow the rest of my friends outside.

Outside the hall is just as dressed up as inside and there are white flowers everywhere and small fairy lights creating a cosy atmosphere.

We all stand in a line and let a photographer take our pictures and we also break off into different groups so we can take pictures separately.

"Can I get a picture with you?" Says a brisk voice as I fiddle with my bracelet and I turn around to see Grayson awkwardly smiling at me.

"Oh um sure" I shrug at him and we stand together and Lucas takes our picture and we laugh quietly at how stiff we both are.

"I know I asked this a long time ago Gray and you kinda brushed me off about it- understandably"

I start and he puts his hands in his charcoal black suit pants.

"Do you want to start over and become friends again?" I ask him quietly and he leans in and nods touching my cheek

"Just friends?"

He validates raising his eyebrow and I nod my head knowing I would be lying to myself if I was anything more with Grayson.

"Yeah"

"Okay" he says nudging my shoulder and he sucks in his lip ring and I notice how he took out his nose piercing, it suited him.

"Let's get back inside, I'm freezing" remarks Aaliyah and I don't miss the little flirty look that Grayson gives Aaliyah.

We go back inside and Loren grabs my hands and pulls me onto the dance floor and the once soft, melodious music is now pumping loud Rap music.