even god wants me to remember

~chapter forty~

Shrugging my school bag onto my shoulder, I walk through Eastwood's crowded hallways and I shiver as I feel the breeze nip through the doors.

"Morning" says a way too chirpy voice for a Tuesday morning and I look over my shoulder with disinterest at a girl with Dutch plaits.

"Um hi" I say awkwardly opening my locker door and she smiles at me harmlessly as she stands close to me.

"I'm part of the drama committee and we are selling tickets for our production of Annie and I was wondering if you'd like to buy tickets" she says

"Um I'm okay thanks" I say taking out a few books of my locker and she looks dissatisfied at my answer and she continues to talk.

"No I'm okay thanks" I say to her feeling annoyed and I slam my locker shut as she shoves a flyer in my face and I snatch it off her.

"I said NO" I shout the last part and she flinches along with most of the other people in the hallway and I look around embarrassed.

"I'm sorry I'll buy your..."

"No thanks" she says sticking her nose in the air at me and I roll my eyes as I tuck my books into my bag and watch as she walks off.

Ugh preppy girls annoy me so much

I sigh go myself and I bump into a guy and I apologise at him and he gives me a curt smile and I wonder if today can get any worse.

"There you are!" Says Loren and I hug her thanking the lord that someone I actually like is talking to me and she smiles.

"So how was your weekend" she nudges my arm and I shrug my shoulders and I think of the tragic family meal yesterday.

"It was fine, I saw you yesterday..." I trail off feeling confused and she nods, "oh yeah silly me" she chuckles.

"So what you got first period?" She asks me taking my planner out of my bag and she sighs when she sees French.

"Your not in my class damn it!" She says skipping around practically and she looks at me with a smile and rolls her eyes.

"Come on cheer up Cara! Graduation is soon and we have prom and all the exciting stuff soon after exams!" She says

"I kinda forgot about that" I say guiltily and she shakes her head, "you can't have? Is he taking you out of it" she jokes

"No no! We haven't even spoke about graduation, it never came up but I've been busy recently" I say and she nods, looking unconvinced.

I stand outside my French room and she smiles at me, "I'm going to make us Pinterest boards for prom and we have to go shopping!" She begs

"Of course, of course!" I say and she smiles at me

"Ok bitch see you later!" She waves and I blow her a kiss to which she places it on her bum and I roll my eyes as she giggles walking away.

I walk into French and see Mr Romano at the front of class and I furrow my brows together and he sends me a smile.

"Okay could everyone sit down please" he shouts slightly and everyone sits down and looks at the front.