pretty girl like you

~chapter twenty nine~

Feeling stiff I weave my way through, the cool breeze hits against my skin and i instantly regret wearing a thin shirt.

My shoes are practically caked in mud and my expensive jeans might as well belong to the bins right now.

Shivering I try to locate Aaliyah and I hear the sounds of motorbikes revving which adds to my anxiety.

Where the hell is she?

Frantically, looking around I see a fam aile face in the corner on her phone and I move through some people to teach her.

Before I can call her name and get to her, a strong hand pulls me back and I get dragged into his woody aftershave scented chest.

"What the hell..." I shout trailing off as I see Grayson's eyes burning through my soul and I wished I had never came.

"Cara? I told you not to come! Damn it!" He says running his hands through his long black hair and he sucks in his lip ring.

"I know, I'm sorry but Aaliyah wanted me to come and I was bored so I thought it wouldn't be bad, everyone seems friendly" I say looking around at the rowdy motorcyclists drinking or smoking.

"Cara I told you it's dangerous here! I don't know what these hooligans could do to you whilst I'm gone, a pretty girl like you..." he shouts

"Grayson I'm not a child! I can cope ok?"

I shout and by this point I've completely lost where Aaliyah is and I mutter an exasperated, 'damn it' under my breath.

"Just don't do drugs, take drinks from strange guys and do not get on anyone's bikes" he warns me letting go of my arm.

"I can cope, but thanks for the concern" I chide back sarcastically and he nods ruffling my hair with a grin taking out a cigarette.

"Where's Aaliyah?" He asks monotonously

"I wouldn't know now since you collided in my path when she was standing right there!" I point to the place where she was standing.

"Let's go find her then" he says with a hint of annoyance, probably due to me miffing him off and being in his presence.

"Aaliyah?" I call out when I see her standing by a group of guys checking her out and she mouths, 'thank god' as she comes over to us.

"Hi!" She chirps to Grayson after she hugs me and he nods at her shuffling a stone with his foot and I elbow his ribs and he smiles.

"Hello Aaliyah" he retorts and she smiles with a hint of a blush, "so when are you racing?" She says and he looks around taking an inhale from his cigarette.

"Later" he says in a bored expression and a couple of guys call out his name behind him and he looks at both of us, "got to go, see you later" he winks.

"Bye" we both say in unison and he walks off shoving his hands into his oversized leather jacket that has frayed edges.

"So I guess we could watch some races and then wait until Grayson is up and head home" I say and she nods looking around chewing her lip.