mile high club

~chapter forty four~

My heart beats in my chest and he swerves, we pull up at the airport and with one small bag of mine; we race through the terminals.

He holds my hand and we rush through the small crowds and I pull at his hand as we head to a private area which seems like first class.

"But the economy flights are..."

"My father has a private jet, it will be quicker to hop on that instead of waiting for an economy flight" he says in a quick stance

We walk as quick as we can and scan our passports before we get lead out to a small plane which belongs to Matteo Romano- Salvatore's father.

"Ciao" Salvatore greets the pilot and he nods at Salvatore and we get greeted inside and all our stuff is put in the overhead lockers.

"Afternoon Mr Romano" says an Italian flight attendant and she kisses Salvatore on both of his cheeks to greet him.

She offers me a handshake and we sit down on the plush velvet plane seats and I feel the plane shake as we prepare for take off.

"You good Mi amor?" He says with concern laced all over his defined cheekbones and his hand is still gripped in my own.

"Yes" I smile tightly and the flight attendant offers us both a glass of champagne and I don't miss the flirty smile she offers my boyfriend.

"I don't deem it appropriate that you are flirting with your bosses son whom also has a girlfriend" he says snatching his glass from her

She doesn't seem fazed and just scoffs quietly to herself before passing me a flute of champagne and walks off swaying her hips.

"Ciao" Salvatore says into his phone and I look out of the window as we slowly start to move away from the airport.

Salvatore continues to talk on the phone and I feel him grip my hand harder as his expressions become more pained and annoyed.

"Cazzo" he shouts and ends the call and I rub reassuring circles on the top of his hand and he grabs my face and kisses me as we take off

"Salv"

"Jesus Cara, I can't believe you sacrificed everything for my shitty father and me, I care about you so much" he whispers in between kisses.

"I care about you, so much, I hate seeing you in pain or upset" I say and he kisses my lips one last time and our hands are still conjoined.

"I just hope this doesn't affect anything with school, I would hate to be the reason why you're failing or won't graduate" he says

"I'm sure I will be fine, I will continue to study and I'm sure we won't be here for too long, as long as your father is ok" I smile

"Yeah" he mutters and closes his eyes and leans his head closer to mine breathing slowly and I lean my head on his shoulder.

Feeling his chest fall up and down slowly I watch as he wraps his arm over my head and pulls me closer to him, pressing a reserved kiss on my forehead.

I close my eyes and let go of my surroundings for a second and once I start to feel myself drift off all my plagued thoughts drift away.

A shake of turbulence makes me grip the side of my seat and my eyes widen in fear once I realise Salvatore is no longer beside me.

I look around the plane and I let out a satisfied smile once he stumbled slightly over to his seat and kisses my lips.

"Sorry my love, I didn't want to wake you" he whispers and pulls me close and unwraps my hand from the armrest into his own hand.