angelic lullaby

~chapter forty one~

His thumb scrapes over my bottom lip, I look up at him and I feel his hand slide under my top and he squeezes my breast.

"Mia Cara" he whispers and looks back at me and I can't believe I'm actually at his house again, on a freakin' Tuesday night.

"Tell me you're sorry for how you didn't see me today" he says to me and I sit on his lap and touch his forearms

"I'm sorry"

"Say you're sorry Mr Romano" he says and I playfully chuckle at him and suck in a shallow breath as I kiss his lips

"I'm sorry Mr Romano" I whisper, the wizards slipping out of my mouth like caramel and he grins in appreciation.

"That's Mi amor" he says proudly and he pulls me closer to him and we kiss passionately and he moans under his tongue.

"I have something to tell you" he says and we cease to kiss and I snuggle into his chest as he caresses my cheek gently.

"Tell me" I whisper and he kisses the crown of my head and I look up at him as he stalls and my brows furrow together.

"Angeline cut off the engament last night" he says and my eyes widen as I look over at him, my heart bursts with excitement but I still feel confused.

"But I thought you had to get married..."

"Are you not happy?" He asks me with a sad face and I grab his face in my hands and shake my head with a smile.

"No of course not, I'm so happy but what about your father? Will he drag you back to Italy and the make you the don?" I say and he shrugs

"I don't know" he says

"She just said she couldn't marry me when she saw how happy I was with you, I respect her a lot after last night" he says

"I mean I'm happy she's supportive about us but what about your father?" I say and he rubs circles on my hip reassuringly.

"Mia Cara I'm not sure either to be honest. I want to say that I know but once my father finds out" He pauses and looks at me dead in the eye.

"Hell will break loose"

"I can't have you being dragged back to Italy, we've only just started to become more serious! Hell we aren't even boyfriend and girlfriend!" I say

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks me on his kitchen counter and I gasp as I realise he is serious about us.

"Um, yeah of course!" I say feeling off guard and then he shakes his head, "I'm sorry you deserve the world and I have just asked you to be..."

He starts to ramble and I chuckle at how cute he looks right now as this is probably going to be the only time I will see the Salvatore Romano nervous.

Nothing seems to phase him

"It's fine, I'm lucky to have you, I don't need anything else" I say and he looks at my Cartier bracket and chuckles, "right about that"

"It was a present" I blush and he kisses my lips and strokes my cheek, "promise me you won't leave me if I become the don" he says

"Salvatore!" I say hoping to god he won't ever get involved with that lifestyle and he smiles at my flustered state.

"I'm joking amor" he smiles and kisses my lips one last time and I jump off his lap and he looks at me whilst leaning on the counter.

"What?"