1: Meeting The Anderson Boys

My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest, the only thing that kept me from jumping out of this car and running away was King, my social workers golden retriever that was laying on my lap.

I pet him softy, he was sleeping, he was so peaceful, unlike me who was freaking the fuck out.

I was in the back seat of my said social worker aka Miss. Brandy's 2009 Prius, she was driving with a huge smile on her face. She thought this was going to be the best day of my life but, in reality, it could be my worst.

I wasn't ready for this new start, I wanted to stay with Miss. Brandy. I don't want this, I didn't want her to abandon me like everyone else has done.

I look out the window, I might as well see what my new neighborhood looks like.

It was one of those cut and paste neighborhood, you know, all the houses are the same and everything is perfect. I'll taint this place with all my trauma.

King, like the awesome boy he is, sensed my sadness and started licking me. "King, stop it!" I giggle, pulling him close. We both knew I didn't want him to stop it, I needed to spend as much time with him as I could.

King moved to the passenger seat, leaving me alone in the back. "Good boy." Brandy mumbled, petting him a couple of times.

I had so many questions about my new home, will there be other kids? Is it big? Will there me a good boy like King?! But the only one Brandy would ask was my new "parent".

A widowed man in his mid 40s who, to quote Brandy "is the nicest man you'll ever meet", I think she only said that to keep me a little calm.

"Hey, Brandy?" I say, my voice was surprisingly steady for the state I felt like. "Yes, hon?" She said, glancing at me in the rear view mirror.

"Are we almost there?" I wasn't asking because I was eager to get there, I was asking so I could mentally prepare myself for this. "We'll be there in ten minutes." She said, giving me a bright smile.

For the last year, I've been living with her due to all the foster homes kicking me out. Brandy says I'm just special but the real word for it is damaged. I don't like to talk to people, hell, I don't like most people in general.

I'd rather live with a wild pack of wolves then with this mysterious man but I didn't have a choice, I'm sixteen and I can't make those life changing choices yet.

The next ten minutes dragged on, every second I prayed that this was a dream and I'd wake up in my bed but I wasn't dreaming.

We pulled into a driveway and I  gawked at the huge house, this guy must be a millionaire. Maybe this won't be that bad!

"Honey, wait a minute. We have to talk first." Oh god, hearing "we have to talk" when your a foster kid is never good.

"What is it?" She took both my hands and sqeeuzed tightly.

"I love you so much but I'm getting too old to take care of you and all the foster houses around won't take you, this is your last chance. Please don't ruin it." I tear fell down my cheek and she wiped it with her long fingernail.

Brandy was cheery but she was also nearing her sixties so I understand her but it hurts to hear it, I love her too and I'll miss her. "I'll miss you so much." I say, feeling a breakdown coming on.

"We'll still see each other, I have to check in every month and see how you are." I smiled and looked at the pup in the passenger seat. ", And I'll bring King with me." I smiled. "Please do."

I gave King one more kiss before getting out of the car, legs waddling as I did so. I gripped the car and Brandy came to me. "You okay?" I nodded, clutching my head. It was just my anxiety, I'll be fine.

We walked to the big patio and, with much hesitation, I knocked on the door. Brandy extended her hand out and I took it quickly, I needed the support.

The door opened within seconds and a man that matched her descriptions did before us, he had a kind smile plastered on his face. "Oh, Carrie!" He pulled me into a hug and I was so shocked, I pushed out of his grip.

"Sorry, sweety. I'm just so happy that I finally get to meet you." I simply nod, I tried to say hi or anything but nothing came out.

He welcomed us into his house and we did, I didn't noticed them at first, no I didn't. Not until I heard a voice whisper. "She's kind of cute, in a way." I turned my head and almost barfed at the sight that was before me.

Six, count em, six boys were staring back at me. They all looked like they were different ages expect two, they looked like twins. My breathing became faster and I looked at Brandy.

Did she know about this? Why didn't she tell me there would be boys? I have major social anxiety especially when it comes to teenage boys, or boys in general.

"Why didn't you tell me there were so many boys." I asked, she bit her lip. "I didn't?" She was playing dumb, I turned on my heel and was about to nope out of there when she grabbed my arm.

"Please, last chance." She said in my ear, I swallowed hard and looked back at the guys. I have to do this, no choice remember? "Fine." I said, the man clapped. "Oh, I'm Hank by the way." He said tried to shake my head but I declined, touching isn't something I do often if ever.

"Well, how about you get to know my son's as we do the grown ups talk." Hank guided me to the living room and sat me across from the boys, he ran off in the kitchen with Brandy, leaving me alone with the boys.

I got a better look at the guys, all had either light or dark blonde hair, mix of eye color and must looked like they would have a six-pack under there shirts.

"This is so awkward." One of the probably twins said to the other, he agreed. I bounced my leg up and down, wanting to just get this over with. No one said anything for a long while until one spoke up.

The one nearest to my age stood up. "I can't do, I'm not doing this." You and me both, man. "Owen, sit down and stop making a scene." Another said, Owen looked at me.

"You don't want her here either so don't act all nice." I closed my eyes, fuck they don't even like me. "Your so mean, Owen." The smallest one said, walking to me.

"I'm Benji and I think it's great I have a sister." Oh, he's so cute! I smiled at him as he sat next to me. "She's not your sister." Owen said angrily, the older one rolled his eyes and smacked Owen.

"Stop disrespecting her." He said, Owen left the room in a huff. "Don't listen to him, he's an ass." The older one said, sitting on my other side.

"I'm Eric." I bit my lip. "Carrie." I said queitly. "She speaks!" One of the twins said, Eric gave him a dirty look and he shut up real fast.

"I'm Xander." Another younger boy said, holding his hand out for me to shake. I reluctantly did, I shouldn't be mean to him. The twins also introduced theirselves. "I'm Liam and this is Luke."

I looked at her twins, they looked similar but not the same. Liam, the one of the right was a little taller and had green eyes while Luke had blue eyes and a slightly darker shade of hair.

"Why are you guys being so nice?" I finally ask, it was over twenty minutes and none of them acted like Owen had been acting. "Because we're not crazy like Owen, he's just made because you got his room." Liam said.

Oh great, I've made an enemy because of me taking his room. "Don't worry about it, he'll warm up to you." Eric said.

Eric seemed to be the most mature and I've come to learn and he's twenty-four and he doesn't even live here, he's only here to meet me. He's the nicest and probably tied at first, Benji is too goddamn adorable.

Xander is eleven, the twins are fifteen and Owen is in my grade and junior year. Great, I'll probably be in some of his classes.

Eric had to leave a few minutes later and I let him hug me which made Brandy almost cry, embarrassing but cute!

"I have to go to, your stuffs in your new room." I nodded and let her wrap her arms around me. "I'll call you soon, I promise." She kissed the top of my head and then left. Leaving me the boys, I looked around at my new home, new family. Thinking maybe, just maybe, if I keep a good attitude everything will be okay and I'll survive the next two years.