Chapter 1

"Oh my goodness I'm getting a headache. We have the fashion show next week and we still have a lot to do"

"Ma'am I have contacted Mr.Williams and he said that he will bring everything right on time"

I looked at my secretary, Sarah and saw that sweat was trickling down her face. None of us had a good night's sleep. I pity everyone including myself. Days of sleepless nights gives me so much stress that sometimes I feel like buying a cottage in a village and taking care of cows for a living.

"I employed Mr. Williams because he is known to be the best. But what is he doing now? On time? Now is the right time. What is he waiting for?"

I tried massaging my temples but the headache wouldn't go away. Even though I come from a rich family, I made this company from the ground up, by myself, at such a young age. So I never got to experience what other girls did. All I did was work and get stressed.

I might have dated some men but never found love. I was sure that I would grow old with a cat beside me.

"Oh ma'am, today your dad contacted me and said he has a problem in his business and would like it if you could help"

"I don't know how to solve problems related to hotels. Does he not see I'm already busy with my own stuff?" I gestured towards the stacks of papers lying on my table.

Why is everyone trying to piss me off these days?

"But-"

I raised my hand and stopped her before her chattering gives me more of a headache.

She was not only my secretary but also a good friend. She was hard working and prefer everything to be spotless. I appreciate it a lot but sometimes it gets in my head.

"Fine fine I'll call him" I threw my hands up in defeat.

....

"What? Dad nooo! Why would I marry a stranger" I was utterly pissed right now.

"Didn't I tell you about this earlier? The director board want to have a promising bond with the Empire group. I know that I'm forcing you to do this. But you also know the risk. RJ group is not stable these days. Just pretend your husband is not there and do your own work"

"Wow I can't believe you just said that" I laughed sarcastically. "And dad you are the head of the RJ group. But why are you always pressured by the director board? I know this wasn't your decision. You have to stand up against them someday"

"I know. I know" Dad exhaled loudly. "But I'm also doing this for your own good. You're the one that's going to be benefiting from this. Not me"

"Me and the director-" I was cut off as his voice grew louder.

"And you also knew this was going to happen someday. You knew that the RJ would arrange your marriage since the day you joined the business. It's either today or any other day. That's the price everyone under RJ has to pay"

"That's because RJ is the only group in the states with an ancient mindset." I rolled my eyes.

"Camilla" I could hear dad's frustration in his voice. "You agreed to this several times in the past few days but then you pretend like you never heard of this. Why-"

"Okay stop. I will marry him. You don't need to bother me by repeating the same thing over and over again."

"And you keep forgetting it every time. When the RJ group become more stable you can divorce him. Just try it out"

My father talked like he was telling me to try on some dress and change it after I get bored.

"Anyways even though I marry him I won't care about his existence because I'm too busy and dad right now I'm busy too. So bye" I cut the call before he could reply.