Chapter 55

"Marcus give me the baby" I stood before Marcus and stretched my arms but he shook his head.

He was cuddling the baby in his arms, tickling his stomach. And Lucas loved it. Marcus kissed his forehead and sat him on his hips. He kept his hand on the baby's head and leaned him on to his shoulder.

I groaned and slumped on the couch. "Go to work"

"It's lunch break" Marcus complained.

This was the usual routine. The baby was 14 weeks old and I was still home taking the maternity leave. But Marcus always appear mid day escaping from work and then use lunch break as an excuse. But he never goes back. He throws all the work to Steve and stays here.

"You don't have boobs to breast feed. Give the baby to me now" I demanded and Marcus groaned.

He carefully gave me the baby and I took him to my arms.

In the first two months my mom stayed here to help me. I had Madeline but mom thought of giving an extra support.

They were both experienced women in taking care of babies but Marcus here wanted to show off that he knows all about babies by reading some books. So he tried to take in charge. After lot of scoldings from my mom he backed off but now that my mom was gone he was back to bothering me.

I unbuttoned my top and brought the baby closer to breastfeed. Marcus kept his chin on my shoulder and watched Lucas drink milk. Marcus ran his thumb over baby's chin and lucas slowly smiled to it.

I chuckled and Marcus's face beamed in joy. "He's smiling"

"Not for you. It's because he likes mommy's milk"

Marcus smirked at me. "That's an excuse for jealousy"

I scoffed "This is my child. Why would I be jealous?" Marcus chuckled seeing me getting annoyed and landed a kiss on my cheek.

"I have to go to my father's office today. He needs help with something" He closed his eyes and buried his face in my neck. "It will be late when I come home"

"Really? Wow! Then I can have the baby for myself"

Marcus leaned back and frowned, clearly displeased at my words. I bit my lip trying to suppress my laughter but failed.

Lucas stopped drinking and I took the napkin to wipe his mouth. Marcus took the baby to his arms as I button up my blouse. He sat him on his hips and stood up, hugging the baby.

"I'm going out to meet Blair. Go to work"

"No my baby will miss me. I'm coming too"

I groaned loudly and stood up. "Marcus this is the last warning. Think about Steve too"

"I'll give him months off when he become a father and I'm also coming home late today. So what's wrong with staying now?"

I threw my hands up in the air in annoyance. "Fine. Come. But now give me Lucas. He needs to have a bath"

I walked up the stairs and he followed me closely behind. One rule he made after Lucas was born was never to bath the baby without him being there. I know, he's being weird and paranoid. He never even let me take Lucas near the bathtub without him.

I went the bathroom and took the small basin out. After filling it with water I took the baby from Marcus's arms and carefully sat him on it.

"Oh I forgot it" Marcus ran back downstairs and I rolled my eyes knowing exactly what he forgot.

He came back and placed small rubber ducks on the water. Seeing it Lucas opened his mouth and tried to reach them. Lucas discovered he has hands recently and since then he tried to put everything in his mouth.