Chapter 30

I saw Marcus's forehead creasing into a frown as he saw the messy blond hair walking through the entrance.

"Isn't that Brandon Maitland?"

I nodded in surrender. My life couldn't get any worse than it already was. Clara and Brandon, the two people I hated the most in the world were under one roof with me for one whole month.

"We met him in Florida right?" I nodded again to his question and scowled seeing the annoying face smirking at me while talking to the Harringtons.

"How do you know him?"

"He's my ex" he snapped his head at me as the words left my mouth.

"How long did you date him? "

"I don't know. Probably for 3 months"

"Did you love him?" It was my turn to snap my head at him.

"Why do you care?" I asked while raising my eyebrows in amusement.

"Answer the damn question" he used his authoritative tone once again, his fist clenching in anger.

"Jeez calm down. I thought I did but later on I realized that it wasn't love. I just had him because everyone had boyfriends back then" 

I looked at Marcus to see his tensed shoulders relaxing at my words.

"What if I had loved him?" I asked curiously, a small victorious smirk playing on my lips. I got him.

"He's a piece of shit that doesn't deserve love"

"How do you say so?"

"Men know men"

"And women know women too"

"How does it relate to this?" He asked while crunching up his nose in confusion.

"Because I know that Clara is not nice"

"Oh my god. I used one word and you are still thinking about it"

"Yes because you described her incorrectly"

"That-" We were interrupted by Brandon who stood before us beaming at me.

"Hey love" he said with a mischievous smile playing on his good for nothing ugly lips. When I furrowed my eyebrows in anger he gave a wink in return.

"What do you want?" Marcus spat angrily glaring at Brandon.

"Ugh the fake husband again" Brandon said with an eye roll and I looked at Marcus to see him shaking in anger, his hands balled into fists, ready to punch whoever provoked him.

"What? Can't handle the truth?" Brandon gave a lopsided grin.

At his words Marcus's face hardened, a vein popping out of his neck.

His hand suddenly gripped Brandon's neck, squeezing it tightly, suffocating him. Brandon clutched on to Marcus's hand, trying to yank it away but failed miserably. 

"Say it again" He lowered his head to Brandon and hissed through gritted teeth.

"Marcus there are people here" I tried yanking back the hand he had around Brandon. But he was too strong for me.

"Marcus" I whispered in panic.

He slowly removed his hand from Brandon and held mine instead.

"Talk to her and you are dead" with that Marcus dragged me back to our room.

He shut the door with a loud thud and sat on the couch. He kept his head on his palms and inhaled sharply, anger fuming through his body.

"God I hate him" he mumbled quietly.