Chapter 44

"Marky run!"

The small girl yelled as they all ran along the sidewalk, pushing past the people who were yelling at them in fury. Little did they know that they were running for their lives, away from the horror that awaited them.

The little boy held the small baby in his arms as they run further into the bustling city. The sky darkening with each passing second warning them about the storm yet to come.

"Mummy hurry up. He will catch us" The  little girl shouted at her mom who was closely following them from behind.

"I'm coming. Let's run to a near by police station"

The little boy didn't turn back as he heard a hoarse voice shouting his name. He knew it was him. He knew he was coming to kill him.

The small baby started crying in his arms as he bumped into people, running away from the hell hole he was in.

"Meghan follow me. I see a policeman" the little boy shouted at the girl who caught up with him as she cried for her life.

The boy ran across the road holding the baby tightly in his arms but stopped as he heard a loud crash.

The little boy slowly turned back only to see the woman who saved her life lying under a car covered in blood. The girl gave out an ear piercing scream and fell to the floor wailing for the loss of her mother.

With trembling legs he edge closer but the girl stopped him.

"Marky run. Run away from here and don't come back. Please"

The girl begged and he unwilling took small steps backward. He saw the man grinning at him evilly from the other side. Without thinking further he quickly turned around and ran away mourning for the loss of his saviour, his friend, a mother he wished he had.

He suddenly stopped as he heard a loud crash behind him. His fingers trembled in fear as he felt history repeat itself.

And it was all his fault yet again.

He slowly turned back only to see a crowd of people gathered around something he was not willing to see. Something he couldn't bear to see.

Slowly limping closer he pushed past the people and fell to the floor, seeing the love of his life, his everything covered in blood lying on the floor, lifeless. 

He took her to his arms and leaned her head on his lap.

"Camilla" He slowly whispered, his eyes filling up with unshed tears.

He couldn't bear it.

He couldn't believe it.

It was his fault.

If he hadn't come to her life none of it would have happened.

If he hadn't come to her life he wouldn't have hurt her.

He slowly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead. He heard voices, whispers, screams, yells, sirens but he cared less.

It was all his fault.

...

Blair's pov

I quickly cleaned the tables since I was already late to my part time job in the supermarket.

The hotel gave a small leave because of my hard work during the contest so now I had more time to work in the cafe on the other side Mr. Anderson's office. I still couldn't believe that I personally know the owners of the most famous hotels and the most famous fashion brand.