chapter 5

I was sitting on the sofa in front of the pool, relaxing myself under the setting sun. Marcus's house wasn't a mansion but a very modern house with glass walls and a massive garden. It was beautiful specially the interior and the roses around the fountain cascading water down it's tiers like a ball gown.

I looked up to see Marcus in his room calling someone with a file in his hand. He hasn't closed his curtains so I could see him clearly.

"Miss would you like me to show you to your room?" A woman who seems to be in her late fifties asked me.

"Sure" I replied and walked up the stairs with her.

"Are you the maid here?" She nodded her head.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Madeline"

"How many maids are here?"

"Only me miss" Madeline noticed the surprise on my face. A billionaire having only one maid?

"Sir prefers the house to be quiet". I nodded my head, not surprised. He is boring as hell.

"So how long have you been working here?"

"I have been here for 6 years"

"So only you all this time?" I was still surprised that a billionaire has only one maid.

"There was another girl with me until few months ago" Now that piqued my interest.

"What happened to her?" Madeline looked down. She was fidgeting her hands.

" She tried to... Uhm.. she liked master..so she tried to get his attention. She was fired later on"

"How long has she been working?" I felt like I was doing an interview but nevertheless I needed information if I was to survive here.

"For 3 years"

"If she had been here for so long why did he fire her suddenly without ignoring whatever she did?"

I was confused. Marcus is handsome and I think he has surely faced many situations like this.

"She.. uhm..she.." Madeline looked anxious.

"She what?"

" She got master drunk and....forced him to sleep with her. He wasn't in his right mind. She was fired the next day when he woke up."

I was shocked and disgusted.

"Miss don't think anything bad about Sir. It was all her and he didn't have anything towards her. He's a good guy and I don't want you to think otherwise"

Now I looked at Madeline in shock. She thought I'd be jealous or angry that someone slept with my husband before I became his wife.

Honestly I don't care. With his rude attitude I thought he was a virgin. But apparently not. I mean I feel bad for the Marcus because it was rape.

I wondered where that woman was now. If I was him I would have sued her. But he probably didn't do it because of the vicious media. If they had gotten hold of this news Marcus would have received mock instead of justice.

His business would have gone bankrupt. People would say 'man up'. That's how cruel the world is. And it disgusts me.

Madeline dropped me off to my room and I saw my bags already inside the room next to the bed. I walked over to the windows that were stretching from floor to the ceiling and my gaze directly fell on Marcus's room.

He was sitting on the bed, tapping on his phone. His coat lying on the bed next to him and his hair was disheveled giving off a mouth dropping sight. His tie was loose and at the moment I wished I could run my hands on his toned body.