Chapter 53

"WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY? OH MY GOD! SAY IT AGAIN" she screamed so loud that I had to take the phone away from my ear.

"Just do it okay. Come to the lobby of Campbell's hotel. And please don't tell Steve. I don't want Marcus to know" Sarah agreed and I cut the call before walking outside.

"Everything alright?" Marcus kept his hand on my arm and asked in worry.

"Yeah Sarah just called and said that there are few things that I need to sign and it's an emergency. So can I go out for a minute?" I asked Marcus and hesitantly nodded his head.

I pressed my lips into thin line, careful not to show any emotion. Then I ran to the elevator and reached the lobby. After a few minutes Sarah came racing towards me with a poly bag in her hand.

"I don't even know how I came here. My mind didn't even process what you said earlier. But somehow my feet took me to a pharmacy and my hands involuntarily bought a pregnancy test kit. Please tell me what you said is true." Sarah released heavy pants, exhausted by her running.

"I don't know if it's true. That's why I told you to bring these" I took the pregnancy test kit out of her hand and walked into the bathroom of the lobby.

But when I opened the bag there were several sticks.

"Sarah why did you buy so many?" I asked her as she came in.

"I bought a lot so that there won't be any mistakes. Now pee on all those" Sarah pushed me to the toilet and closed the door.

I used three sticks and came out. I kept all the sticks on the sink countertop and waited.

"Is it positive?"

"I don't know. I don't think it will be positive"

"Let's just wait" Then Sarah started blinking rapidly. "Oh my god everything is blurry to me right now. My head is spinning. I can't even believe this is happening" She breathed in and out like she was going into labour.

"Why are you overeacting? I should be the one dying right now. Shit I'm scared" I bit my nails waiting for results.

We waited for a while and checked the sticks but they still had one line. " I'm not pregnant. Let's go. I'm stupid to think that-"

"Ahhhhhhhhh oh my god. Ahhhhhh. I can't ahhhhhh" Sarah jumped up and down pointing at the sticks.

I looked at her in bewilderment and then at the sticks. Slowly two lines appeared in all of them. I blinked several times trying to figure out if this was a dream or a not.

I'm really pregnant?

Sarah suddenly jumped onto me and hugged me tightly. "I'm so happy" She cried on my shoulder crushing me with her arms.

"Sarah I can't breath"

She quickly released me in shock and then kept her palm on my belly. "Oh I'm sorry baby. Did I crush you?"

As she said that I looked down at where her hand was. I kept my palm on my lower belly and gently rubbed it. Tears brimmed in my eyes realising there was a small baby growing inside me. My baby.

"Sarah"

"Hmm"

"Am I becoming a mother?" A single drop of tear fell down to my cheek.

"Yeah. And you will be the best mother. Mr. Anderson will be the best father"

My heart beat stopped at the mention of Marcus. What if he doesn't want the child? What if he fear that he would become like his mother so he doesn't want a child?