Chapter 36

"Oh my goodness Camilla. You are killing me" I quickly got off her with a huge grin plastered on my face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked happily while she dusted off her work dress that I just ruined.

"I work part time here"

"You have lot of jobs"

"Yeah I need money" Suddenly I felt bad for her. I didn't know her very well but yet I felt a sense of protection towards her. If I'm able to help her in any possible way I would willingly take the chance.

"If you are in a hurry or money is an emergency you can ask me. I know that makes you feel as if I'm belittling you. It's not what I mean. I really wants to help you because I really really like you and if you feel bad you can pay me back another time" I said with pleading eyes hoping that I didn't ruin the friendship we had.

"I know what you mean. Thanks but don't worry I have everything under control" she said merrily but I saw the sadness washing over her eyes as if she was really in need of help.

We talked for few hours and I exaggerated about how great Jake was because I really wanted her to get along with him. We were talking on the balcony in the third floor till her manager decided to call for her. I waved her a bye and looked down at the parking lot, sighing in despair.

A familiar black car came into my view and I instantly knew who it belonged to. Marcus parked the car and got out, his keys dangling in his fingers. But before he could come inside I ran downstairs into the parking lot.

Marcus eyes widened seeing me but before he could open his mouth to tease me with some joke I jumped on to his arms, taking him a few steps back. Giving a laugh with his husky voice he lifted me off the ground and kept me on his car's hood.

I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him closer. I was afraid that if I let go he would disappear. The pain he had on his eyes yesterday was too much for me to take and I promised myself that I would do anything to make him smile again. Not only for him but also for me. A second away from him was torture and everyday I wished he would confess to me.

It still hurts that he didn't say those three words for me but I decided to brush it off. I was afraid if I confessed he would reject me and I didn't want my stupidity to ruin our relationship. Even though deep down in my heart I felt like he loved me but in reality I was afraid of saying it out loud.

"Someone's missing me" his lips tugged into a small smirk as he leaned his forheard on mine.

"Hmm" I didn't even bother to deny it as I was too busy trailing my lips along his ear.

"You know that from every balcony you can see the parking lot right?" I leaned back in confusion. Marcus smirked at me and pointed his finger at the balconies filled with his staff members, all staring at us.

"Oh my goodness"

My face flushed in embarrassment and I griped Marcus's coat to hide my face in it. He chuckled lowly and wrapped his arms around me holding me tightly so that the staff won't see my crimson red face.

He helped me get down from the hood and we started walking to the hotel with me hiding behind his back, holding on to his sleeves like a child.  When we reached inside I saw Blair cleaning the tables.

"She works part time here" I said surprising Marcus. "Really?" I nodded my head and grabbed his arm, dragging him to where Blair was.

"Blair" she looked up and waved at me happily. "Oh you both are here. Having a day for yourselves? Well this hotel is pretty fucking expensive but I guess you can afford it"